• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car wouldn't start

Hi all.

Quick question!

My car wouldn't start on Friday (ep3 ph1). It unlocked fine but when I turned the ignition, the fuel pump primed like normal but then when I tried starting it, the engine was just clicking at me, and the dash board lights were going crazy. This would keep happening. Sometimes this would also set the car alarm off as I tried to start it.

I tried starting it again tonight and after a couple of similar attempts, the engine turned over ONCE. So I tried again, few more clicks and dash board lights flashing, then suddenly the engine springs into life.

But of an odd one, not sure if its flat battery as I drive it all the time and it certainly doesn't feel flat when it started just now. Electrical immobiliser issue maybe?

Any help appreciated. It's an 02 Ep3 phase 1 with 125k on the clock.

Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Definately sounds like that's related to the battery check connections if that's ok buy a new battery.

Ok thanks everyone. Ill check the connections tomorrow. It did have a load of crusty green stuff on the positive terminal but this just brushed off with a rag.

It's driving ok for now. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Back