• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Castrol magnatec or Fuchs Titan

Looking to change the oil in my ep3 type r that I have just recently purchased. I have searched around and it seems 5w40 is the best for the k20, I can't decide between the castrol magnatec or the Fuchs Titan. Does anyone know which one is best to use?

cheers

CJ

for me the best oil on ep3 k20a2 is Fuchs Titan and
MILLERS CFS NT NANODRIVE (best)

Castrol is **** ...

Last edited by a moderator:
If Castrol is sh*t, why do Bugatti use it in the Veyron and BMW use it all M cars? :lol:

The Edge variant is one of the best oils you can get and exceeds manufacturers specifications (which some Fuchs etc doesn't even meet).

Nothing wrong with Castrol whatsoever. If it's 5w40 Fully Synthetic then it's fine for the K20.

I work at the old BPCastrol site in Ellesmere Port!

If Castrol is sh*t, why do Bugatti use it in the Veyron and BMW use it all M cars? :lol:

The Edge variant is one of the best oils you can get and exceeds manufacturers specifications (which some Fuchs etc doesn't even meet).

Yea its good only for BMW,SAAB,MERCEDES,AUDI k.a not for japanese cars NOT ON hondaaaa...

Prove to me how it is better than Halfords 5w40 fully synthetic.

Or any 'BRAND'......

CFS NANODRIVE more power
more protection Ultra low friction nano technology
  • ignificantly reduces friction and heat, Promoting longer component life.
  • Increases power output and torque, superior anti-friction and anti-wear characteristics
  • Motorcycle wet clutch compatible.
  • Improves reliability and energy efficiency
--->>>Tdi north and Tegiwa(civic cup) use cfs nanodrive.....
:asw::smt047:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea its good only for BMW,SAAB,MERCEDES,AUDI k.a not for japanese cars NOT ON hondaaaa...
Right, okay then.

Let me put it another way.

Fuchs, Millers etc, some of their oils which are popular for Type R owners don't meet Honda's own specification for which oil to use (it's in the manual). Castrol Edge exceeds it, as does Mobil 1 and other widely used OEM oils.

If Fuchs etc were that good, Honda and others would use it out of the factory.

ANY 5w40 fully synthetic is perfect for the K20.

Spoon use Motul and? What oil does Team Dynamics use? What oil does 888 use?

Means nothing, they will get oil cheap / free if they promote that 'Brand'.

Back