• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cat in b pipe to pass mot!?

Has anyone on here managed to pass mot with a cat in the b pipe ?rather than swapping manifolds each time, surely changing a b pipe would be handier and quicker! Would the standard cat just after a race header to the job??

A cat in the B pipe wont work buddy.

Either go for a full race header and delete the cat completely, or, stick with the oem manifold.

She's running japspeed 4-2-1 decat already. It just seems a while hassle changing back to Oem for the sake of half an hour to pass mot!!

Find a tester that takes kindly to you leaving a £ note or two on the driver's seat and has a warmed up Vectra parked near to the emissions probe...

It harder to find garages that will do this.

Even my mate said he can't now as his supervisor will beat him.

Luckily I got away with it. As there's no CL1 listed on the emissions test chart there's nothing to compare the reading to. Winner.

Thats not really a possibility over here in Northern Ireland. Test centres are to strict!! Looks like I'll just have to carry out the swap. :(

Back