• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

****Central Locking Problem PLEASE HELP

Hi Guys,

Ive got a JDM EP3

Didnt know if anyone has had the same problem or knows the solution....

Its a problem with the central locking

The fob/remote will unlock all doors, but will only lock the drivers door. (tried new battery in fob, not the issue)

If I use the key on drivers door it locks and unlocks all doors and boot.

Using the key on passengers side or boot it doesnt lock anything else except the lock or unlock the lock the key is in.

any ideas are appricicated thanks in advance :)

Stuart

Does a double press of the fob or holding the lock button for a few seconds lock all the doors? I realise it should lock all of them just with one press but It's worth checking...

Hi,

Thanks for your response,

The lock and unlock buttons are separate and have tried different combinations, because of the key problem also I believe it might be a bigger problem than the fob.

thanks

If I use the key on drivers door it locks and unlocks all doors and boot.

Using the key on passengers side or boot it doesn't lock anything else except the lock or unlock the lock the key is in.

Stuart

According to that. Everything I see there is correct. That's the correct behavior for a key I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In that case it is just the fob that's causing problems.

In most cars when u put the key in the door it will only trigger all the locks from the drivers side. all other doors the key will only lock/unlock that door.

right okay....

I was under the belief that because of central locking if i locked the passenger door it would lock all locks. but if your saying otherwise then i might need to re-look at this fob.

I shall see if i can see anything with it later.

Back