• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Centre Console Light

Guys i apologise if this has been asked before!! :confused:

i have noticed tonight that the backlight for the rear window de-mister button on the centre console has gone out!

whats the easiest way to get in and change the lamp???

apologies again if this is a common question.
thanks in advance:D

IIRC, there isn't.
The bulb in mine has gone too and had a look at the unit.
It looks like you'd have to replace the whole thing so I just ignored the face I only have two lights there instead of three.

i don't think you can replace the orange LED bulbs in the actual button unless you get the whole unit. the 2 bulbs lottie says are for the twist switches that control the heat and fan speed.
bit of a pain as the rear demister doesn't self cancel so your going to have to remember on long journeys.

its the actual console back light that illuminates the buttons, when you turn the lights on, its only illuminating 2 of the 3!
not the LED part that lights when you press it!!
im hoping its easy to remove and just change the lamp as if i tap the button, it flickers so maybe its come loose??

i don't think you can replace the orange LED bulbs in the actual button unless you get the whole unit. the 2 bulbs lottie says are for the twist switches that control the heat and fan speed.
bit of a pain as the rear demister doesn't self cancel so your going to have to remember on long journeys.

You can replace the 2 bulbs behind the 3 buttons for the rear screen, aircon, recirc ;) I know we have done it in my car.

its the actual console back light that illuminates the buttons, when you turn the lights on, its only illuminating 2 of the 3!
not the LED part that lights when you press it!!
im hoping its easy to remove and just change the lamp as if i tap the button, it flickers so maybe its come loose??

Like ive said there are 2 bulbs behind there.

Its pretty easy to remove. Just take off the plastic part around the gear knob (there is a guide on here somewhere) and then you can get to the other screws required to be removed for the bit where the 3 buttons are.

You can replace the 2 bulbs behind the 3 buttons for the rear screen, aircon, recirc ;) I know we have done it in my car.

sorry my bad, none my lights illuminate when i turn the lights on. maybe i need to look at mine too.

and keep my mouth shut on subjects im not 100% about.

I'm going to have a look at mine once i'm off shift...
Need to have a closer look at that switch block :)

sorry my bad, none my lights illuminate when i turn the lights on. maybe i need to look at mine too.

and keep my mouth shut on subjects im not 100% about.

No worries, the thing that confused me was there there are only 2 bulbs for the 3 buttons but hey it worked when I changed them so im not going to complain.

No worries, the thing that confused me was there there are only 2 bulbs for the 3 buttons but hey it worked when I changed them so im not going to complain.

fair do's duchess. where did you get the bulbs from. I don't want to dismantle the dash twice.

Back