• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Centre console

Hi all im thinking of getting my centre console done in cherry red to match the Recaros red floor and door cards in my ep3 but i dont know where to start in taking it off and i dont want to brake anything has anyone done this ? im doing it as the silver console in my car is scratched and looking warn out must be from previous owner.

thanks in advance

push in the gear gator so you get your fingers round the back and give it a tug, the bottom normally comes away, then its just a matter of pulling the rest off. Its not screwed in or anything so save to just pull as long as you keep it square to the dash

Cant wait for the finished pics, haven't seen anyone doing it that colour before. When i got mine i removed the dash to respray it and mould in a new head unit, but just done it in a similar silver colour and that was due to some nasty scratches.

The link below should help, its what i used:

http://www.civictype-r.com/ICE_-_Removing_Head_Unit.html

Just be careful when removing the two clips at the top of the lower section as they can be quite stiff, in the link he uses a CD but i used a small flat-head screwdriver, the rest was easily removed if i remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
oo thats a good guide ill get on it tommorow, im going to get "Premier Edition" stenciled on in black in some fancy writing somewhere on it too give it a little personal touch

it cant look worse than it already is to be honest and there have been a few things people have told me not to do and theyve liked it after like my rising sun vtec cover everyone said taccy but then everyone loved it.. ive got to see for myself if it looks wrong ill get it re-done in a bland colour

Its not the best picture but it might give you a better idea what it will look like. Sorry its based on my car aswel so the head unit and storage tray are slightly different! :)

95973510.png

dont do it ........................ive been thinking of wrapping mine in a graphite grey vinyl(same colour as skunk 2 knob)

ill do it in red as i can get it done for free and if it looks pants i might carbon wrap it or some other kind of dark colour

I think it would look good as long as the finish on it is spot on.
That said though, the glare / reflection from sunlight, especially driving down a motorway could be something to consider.
Carbon wrap is bad enough in the wrong light glare, so lacquered paint could be a whole load worse!

X2 on the etching though, if thats not absolutely perfect, could look naf / cheap!

I repainting mine. Does anyone know if the OEM silver colour is available from halfords?

Might go for a carbon wrap though.

Back