• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Centre dash console

I have all the screws removed apart from the 2 at 90 degrees, What tool have people used to get them off as they are in a very awkward place :confused:

A small ring spanner or a screw driver from the side.

Oh and you only need to loosen them as they're in slots, so once loose you can pull the console out.

easy access to both sides by dropping the glove box for the left side and undo the fuse box over under the steering wheel (small plastic lock thing) - turn it 90 degrees to unlock and the plastic cover pulls out

once they're out you can get a long screwdriver in each side with ease

easy access to both sides by dropping the glove box for the left side and undo the fuse box over under the steering wheel (small plastic lock thing) - turn it 90 degrees to unlock and the plastic cover pulls out

once they're out you can get a long screwdriver in each side with ease

Cheers buddy i've just done exactly that and came straight off. You got any idea how to get the cigarette lighter out of the fascia?

Cheers buddy i've just done exactly that and came straight off. You got any idea how to get the cigarette lighter out of the fascia?

the power plug off? (just pull it) or the actual cigar plug? (no idea, never done it)

guess you're fitting a vtec indicator or starter button in its place?

It's a pig mate! There's two little tabs clips, press those in and the lighter comes loose, but then you'll see that you get stuck on two sticky out plastic lugs further down the barrel.

2 options, either, disassemble the entire barrel mechanism like I did the first time, which is fidlley and a pain, or get your stanley knife and cut the two plastic v shaped lugs off! They serve no purpose, so the lighter goes in, and gets held in solely by the little press in tabs right at the dash plastic edge of it.

I'll get pics if you need them, I've got too many spare dashboards lying around ;)

It's a pig mate! There's two little tabs clips, press those in and the lighter comes loose, but then you'll see that you get stuck on two sticky out plastic lugs further down the barrel.

2 options, either, disassemble the entire barrel mechanism like I did the first time, which is fidlley and a pain, or get your stanley knife and cut the two plastic v shaped lugs off! They serve no purpose, so the lighter goes in, and gets held in solely by the little press in tabs right at the dash plastic edge of it.

I'll get pics if you need them, I've got too many spare dashboards lying around ;)

I think i'll just cut those lugs off you mentioned dude, do you do or know anyone that does carbon wrapping? need my dash doing asap

Back