• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Centre Pipe, what shall i do??

Hi all,
car: Civic Type R 2003 plate EP3.

My centre pipe is soon to need replacing and im thinking what to replace it with.
I dont really want a full system as i dont want to take away from filteration sound.
Have seen a Supersprint de-silencered centre pipe for £180, wondered if that with a standard backbox
would be a good plan?
Should i just get a standard centre or other?
Please give your opinions and links for products would be great, cheers :)

The Supersprint will give your exhaust note more of a growl when giving it the beans, but by keeping the OEM back box, it won't be OTT.

Why is your B pipe on the way out?

ok thanks, does it offer much extra bhp? id guess maybe a couple?
Its got a random bit of corrision on it near the backbox.

NickCTR who used to post on here a lot made these vids with that exact set-up. Unsilenced Supersprint B-pipe and standard back box.

[video=youtube;8ChcdipTjZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ChcdipTjZo[/video]

[video=youtube;HmoSTjCeMfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmoSTjCeMfE[/video]

B-pipe is the most restrictive part of the standard EP3 cat-back IIRC. I think I remember a few people getting dynos done with the standard back box and non-standard B-pipe and making decent gains with remaps but I'll be damned if I can find the threads.

great thanks alot so far guys, anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy this centre pipe?
Does it sound a bit raspy? or are my speakers kack?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey again, does anyone know where im best off getting my centre pipe from? i dont know many sites for type r bits at all :( have looked but think im blind. cheers

standard ecu i believe, and a favourite on here (not) k&n typhoon. was all done before i got it :)

then without wanting to do the proverbial and pi$$ on your parade, i am not convinced you have 228 bhp. understand that i am not having a dig at all. other members on here will agree.

then without wanting to do the proverbial and pi$$ on your parade, i am not convinced you have 228 bhp. understand that i am not having a dig at all. other members on here will agree.

As much as it pains me to agree with you, I do on this occasion :lol:.

To squeeze an extra 30bhp out of a N/A tuned K20, you're looking at a CAI + Mani back exhaust + Hondata ECU and remap.

no thats cool, maybe its had more stuff done but its defo got a print out of 228.9bhp with the reg of my car on and everything, it had three runs to give an average.

no thats cool, maybe its had more stuff done but its defo got a print out of 228.9bhp with the reg of my car on and everything, it had three runs to give an average.

pop ur glove box, pull it out of the catch and look at your ecu. if it has usb ports then it isnt a standard ecu and the 228 comes back into play. if it doesnt, then im afraid im not feeling it.

pop ur glove box, pull it out of the catch and look at your ecu. if it has usb ports then it isnt a standard ecu and the 228 comes back into play. if it doesnt, then im afraid im not feeling it.

Could have k100 as that has no USB ports

Back