• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ceramic coating

C

Chris1987

What do you reckon on ceramic coating exhaust manifold ?

Just awaiting my new mani, and was toying with the idea to have it wrapped but then thought about ceramic coating. I know you won't get any great gains but to get the under bonnet temp down a few degrees is always a bonus.

Has anyone ever had experience with this stuff or even he company ?

Camcoat, Warrington.

Hi Chris

From personal experience I can recommend Ceramic Coating,not sure what they use,but Zircotec is best,I've used Zircotec on the turbo(MDX321T) on my Subaru Impreza and after running ALS or LC you can touch the exhaust housing without getting burns.But really depends on more factors if you are really need to have Ceramic Coating,standard heat wrap something like is DEI or something like this would be sufficient on yours car,please have look on this link http://www.thermalvelocity.co.uk/

Thanks,Jura

Thank you for the recommendation, I will give them guys a look. I have changed my mind on which way to go on tuning my car, so have sold my new manifold already and plan to get (possibly) TDI north to turbo charge my FN2. In which case ceramic coating is the only way to go IMO.

Thank you for the recommendation, I will give them guys a look. I have changed my mind on which way to go on tuning my car, so have sold my new manifold already and plan to get (possibly) TDI north to turbo charge my FN2. In which case ceramic coating is the only way to go IMO.

Hi Chris

Personally I would ceramic coat turbo exhaust housing,turbo downpipe and depends what turbo manifold you will be using cast iron manifold is OK and should withstand high temperatures or if you will go route of the sidewinder manifold which is bit better of fitting the turbo etc.

Turbo on Type R I can only recommend,we are running on Type R turbo and is awesome to run,you will love it

Thanks and good luck with the project Chris

Jura

Back