• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chain Tensioner

My camshaft position sensor fault has come on:( but went out the same night. Had it checked out anyway and was told to keep an eye on it and book it back in for a strip down if it came on again.
Asked Honda what worst case scenario would be and they said that I had possibly stretched timing chain and would need replacing at a cost of between 800 to 900 pounds:eek:. I'm looking at buying parts needed and getting job done elsewhere for cheaper hopefully.
So basically wasn't sure which tensioner to get, TODA or SKUNK. Does it really matter as theres only 20 notes between the two:confused:

My camshaft position sensor fault has come on:( but went out the same night. Had it checked out anyway and was told to keep an eye on it and book it back in for a strip down if it came on again.
Asked Honda what worst case scenario would be and they said that I had possibly stretched timing chain and would need replacing at a cost of between 800 to 900 pounds:eek:. I'm looking at buying parts needed and getting job done elsewhere for cheaper hopefully.
So basically wasn't sure which tensioner to get, TODA or SKUNK. Does it really matter as theres only 20 notes between the two:confused:

Had my chain done today for 398 at Honda dealer. That was for chain, tensioner and labour. I got the CPS fault code, Honda diagnosed when I was getting valve clearance last week. They wanted 915 pound eek, same Group but in different town got the job.
Been advised my clutch is on it's way out too, bled the clutch last Friday and gear changes have improved, but the tech today assured me it's only a matter of time before it goes :(

Hi I'm running a Toda tensioner and have been for about a year no problems.

Didn't make the choice as didn't know they did a skunk version.

Hi I'm running a Toda tensioner and have been for about a year no problems.

Didn't make the choice as didn't know they did a skunk version.

why did you change to Toda tensioner ? im thinking about getting one

Since you're in Swindon, book the car in at TGM for diagnostic/work and get a better price than Honda.

01252 811972

why did you change to Toda tensioner ? im thinking about getting one

Well after my chain jumped about 3 teeth and need to be replaced/repositioned I thought it best to investigate the cause.
After reading various items it appeared the Honda tensioner and low oil levels were the weak link.

Hence looking for a uprated version and buying a Toda as this was the only one I knew about at the time.
Think its been running for more than a year and 10k miles without any problems :)

Wouldn't say there's any performance advantage just peace of mind ;)

Well after my chain jumped about 3 teeth and need to be replaced/repositioned I thought it best to investigate the cause.
After reading various items it appeared the Honda tensioner and low oil levels were the weak link.

Hence looking for a uprated version and buying a Toda as this was the only one I knew about at the time.
Think its been running for more than a year and 10k miles without any problems :)

Wouldn't say there's any performance advantage just peace of mind ;)

think mine tensioner is ready to give up? chain slap on the morning start up ? thankyou

think mine tensioner is ready to give up? chain slap on the morning start up ? thankyou

"chain slap":eek: didn't hear anything on mine it was just running like a bag of nails:( so took it for a re-tune at TDi North and thats where it was noticed.

Back