• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Challenging for the Number 1 spot. :twisted: Pics on P3.

NACA ducts + bumper + cooling for brakes..... *brain engages*

Bd9.JPG

I feel another purchase coming on.... :twisted:

Scousefella said:
Back again!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Going from the AEM to a closed box was quite a change - it was like when I went back to OEM after taking the Blitz Sonic off!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no significant Induction Roar but you can FEEL the amount of grunt that has become available!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I know my car well but going down a sliproad to the A12 in 2nd and missing the change to 3rd (limiter :oops: ) told me I was driving a different car!! :D

The whole rev range is more agressive, you know that there is a significant difference and if I was to be asked outright if the Reverie outguns the AEM then I would have to say yes. 8)

When you cross-over into the Vtec zone there is a pronounced "Heave" which is more noticable than the AEM - The AEM provides a beautiful sound, the Reverie provides alot less noise but some serious Push!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I found myself having to watch the rev needle as it passed 8,000rpm and prepare for the gear change, usually I can ignore that and play it by ear. :shock:

One thing the AEM never offered me was wheelspin during the gearchange from 2nd to 3rd on dry tarmac with hot tyres!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So am I impressed?

Oh Yes!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I felt a little cheated at first when I lost the Growl of the AEM but the thrust has certainly made up for that. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

With the filter being so closely enclosed inside the Carbon Chamber there is not enough room for excessive resonance - that explains the lack of Growl but the complete package is bloody brilliant!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds like you're describing the Mugen Airbox I've just fitted in my car. I thought i'd get fooled by the Placebo effect when I fitted the airbox but there is big obvious difference in noise and performance. Obviously having the mugen grill helps a lot! :twisted:

As for cutting my front bumper up like that, no chance! :? If I was reverie, I'd develop my own bumper with two holes on each end purely for the hardcore enthusiasts and for maintaining symmetry across the front of the car. I think a lot of customers will baulk at non-reverisble modification purely for an induction kit.

I think what we need here is a video.... :twisted:

adelphi said:
As for cutting my front bumper up like that, no chance! :? If I was reverie, I'd develop my own bumper with two holes on each end purely for the hardcore enthusiasts and for maintaining symmetry across the front of the car. I think a lot of customers will baulk at non-reverisble modification purely for an induction kit.

You could just use the BC front bumper. I had a pipe from the front brake duct to my std airbox and that worked really well.

img03365nd.jpg

What does this thing look like inside? Sorry if someone already asked that.

What type of filter is inside the carbon surround?

Scousefella! U should have pmed me when you were doing this. I had some good ideas at ITG which were never implemented due to cost and time constraints. I have my reservations about this kit to be honest but if your happy and the car performs well then thats all that matters.

It just looks like a fancy BMC with a cold air feed to me :roll:

the Gruppe M still has the shortest air travel ram air effect of all the filters, and sorry to say it but one of the best filters still has to be the AEM CAI

Fit a Intake as per the one in scouses bumper and feed the AEM CAI and I would expect the gians to be higher still.

The air still has hell of way to travel before entering the new cabon filter.....I aint no expert here but air resonantes in pipes and tubes and so loses whats called velocity or something I wont bore everyone but you get the idea, longer the pipe = less velocity of air (this new filter has a bendy long pipe before hitting the filter)

Be interesting to see some RR results from it, maybe Guy can run it a couple of times for you scouse if he allready has figures for your motor, give him a bell and ask him for a freebie, you may catch him in a good mood :)

Tarticus said:
It just looks like a fancy BMC with a cold air feed to me :roll:

the Gruppe M still has the shortest air travel ram air effect of all the filters, and sorry to say it but one of the best filters still has to be the AEM CAI

Fit a Intake as per the one in scouses bumper and feed the AEM CAI and I would expect the gians to be higher still.

The air still has hell of way to travel before entering the new cabon filter.....I aint no expert here but air resonantes in pipes and tubes and so loses whats called velocity or something I wont bore everyone but you get the idea, longer the pipe = less velocity of air (this new filter has a bendy long pipe before hitting the filter)

Be interesting to see some RR results from it, maybe Guy can run it a couple of times for you scouse if he allready has figures for your motor, give him a bell and ask him for a freebie, you may catch him in a good mood :)

I agree.

Also surprised to see they are using the pipe from the crankcase (potentially higher intake temps?) rather than a separate vent filter like the bmc.

Carl, i'd keep an eye on the breather pipe if i were you, it looks a bit stressed at the cam cover end and might split....

Neily03 said:
Carl, i'd keep an eye on the breather pipe if i were you, it looks a bit stressed at the cam cover end and might split....

Yea just stick a breather filter on there.

20mm is the size you need

adelphi said:
Scousefella said:
Back again!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Going from the AEM to a closed box was quite a change - it was like when I went back to OEM after taking the Blitz Sonic off!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no significant Induction Roar but you can FEEL the amount of grunt that has become available!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I know my car well but going down a sliproad to the A12 in 2nd and missing the change to 3rd (limiter :oops: ) told me I was driving a different car!! :D

The whole rev range is more agressive, you know that there is a significant difference and if I was to be asked outright if the Reverie outguns the AEM then I would have to say yes. 8)

When you cross-over into the Vtec zone there is a pronounced "Heave" which is more noticable than the AEM - The AEM provides a beautiful sound, the Reverie provides alot less noise but some serious Push!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

I found myself having to watch the rev needle as it passed 8,000rpm and prepare for the gear change, usually I can ignore that and play it by ear. :shock:

One thing the AEM never offered me was wheelspin during the gearchange from 2nd to 3rd on dry tarmac with hot tyres!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So am I impressed?

Oh Yes!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I felt a little cheated at first when I lost the Growl of the AEM but the thrust has certainly made up for that. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

With the filter being so closely enclosed inside the Carbon Chamber there is not enough room for excessive resonance - that explains the lack of Growl but the complete package is bloody brilliant!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sounds like you're describing the Mugen Airbox I've just fitted in my car. I thought i'd get fooled by the Placebo effect when I fitted the airbox but there is big obvious difference in noise and performance. Obviously having the mugen grill helps a lot! :twisted:

Remember though this has replaced an AEM though which already makes more power than a Mugen box so the gains on this are seemingly pretty impressive.

Hasnic, I understand. My point was that this seemed to be combining the best of both worlds, the quietness of the Mugen and the Power of the AEM 8)

Also please note :-

People who have had parts fitted to there cars as development parts / gratis parts sponsors etc etc, are really not going to give the parts a bad / mediocre review are they they are obviously going to sing the items praises.

Im not just saying Scouse in this the same was done when people had development ITG kits, Jackson Chargers, DC Exhausts the list is endless to be honest.

Till proven gains have been shown on this kit vs other kits for everyones sake can people please stop saying ohh this will beat a AMe this will beat a mugen etc etc the posts are totally worthless.

Im not haaving a go at the development of this kit in any way other than what I have allready said in my other posts, its good that people are making new parts for the EP3 and I hope this continues.

This post is also not a dig personally at people on this forum, its just a general comment about products advertised on here, we all saw (or most of us did) the great Icebox post on the other forum, and various other things so can we have some RR results and some PROOF please before all the this is best Induction kit on the market posts.

As for me ill be keeping my AEM even if this new kit is better and fitting a feed to it, as im pleased with my AEM and gains all told with induction are not that great

But then there is no point in being a test mule if you are going to give 'biased' feedback. You loose out buy getting sub-performang kit and the developer ends up with spending cash on R&D for no reason. I am sure Carl would say if it does/did not work

However if I was doing it (and I am not) I'd rotate the 'box' through 90 degrees, and bin the stock plastic pipe that joins onto the oem box. This would help keep the route into the engine short at that point. then it is a matter of finding out via testing the right compromise between a cold spot to pick air from. Iether the wheel arch (proven to work well), or if you are feeling flush a vent in the bonnet or bumper. Then it is a matter of fine tuning the diameter and length to achieve maximum torque for the application.

I will say I know of an EP3 that races in a certain championship that uses a bastardised system (or two) in exactly this way. I will also say this guy runs probably one of the very few proper performance developers in the country.

Still in the end of the day, I am sure with a few tweeks the system will at the least work as well as the other proven systems. And will be a quality made system. And I applaud Reverie for having a go.

Well, the Lass is in agreement that it has improved since the AEM - she has just had an almighty winge as I wrung its neck on a pitch black country lane (which I know well :wink: ) and she was not expecting it!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The conversation went a little something like this.....................

"What was that noise"???!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :smt099

"That was a chirp of wheelspin during the gearchange dear"!!!!! :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

"Oh right". :smt076

"You can slow down now - there is shopping in the boot"!!! :smt091

"OK love, by the way, can you tell the difference from the AEM"? :smt101

"Yes I can now park the bloody thing and let me out". :lsabre:

:smt112 So, things are fine.

are you sure thats not a placebo effect?

ill wait the dyno before passing judgement.

For referance though all Toda US dyno's where done using a Injen CAI

and if system r are now getting them same figures with a Gruppe setup, this just go's to show how good the injen is.

Back