• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

champ white 59 plate fn2 type r auto mirrors

Hey

Wee fault when pressing the button for electric mirrors. Passenger one only moves part way in now tried moving to correct position and motor only part opens it then.

Like its jamp a position whilst motor kept running. Maybe with frost?
Any help be magic.

KANO

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a module in the mirror that sometimes fails, called the Shut Off Device, or SOD for short.

Here is the Honda bulletin. If your car still has warranty, it is covered.

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

Just ordered one of these shut off modules Tonight

Hope i dont break mirror trying to get cover off lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just had a go at trying to remove mirror cover. Doesnt seem to want to unclip. Anymore pressure gonna end up ripping the wing mirror off!
Anyone actually done one of these before?:confused:

Yep, I've done one on my FN2 and one on the wife's FK2.

I know what you mean though, it does feel like it's going to break. If you can get a little gap and put something like a plastic spatula in there to help prise it off, it might help.

Ok will do. You just push down on corner and across? I was supporting mirror bracket itself as only want weight on the cover or might be minus a mirror haha

Yep, pretty much. You push down and you should see a bit of a gap, then start pushing across while still pushing down.

Back