• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changed battery now revs are dropping

Hi ive recently changed my battery but know the revs drop just below 1k any ideas what it can be do i need to reset ecu ? As i have a coulpe of mods induction and exhaust

ive had the same problem when ive disconnected the battery, the revs drop below 1k and feels as though the engine is about to cut out then it steadies itself........ when ive done this i usually take the car for a good drive, about an hour long! it tends to allow the ecu to steady itself and correct the rev limits! i dont know if this is the correct way to do things but its always worked for me. after that the car runs normal!
hope this helps

Cool thanks for the reply ** just let it settles it self then , its doing the exactly the same thing as yours ** give it a boot on the way to work in the morning

Yes.

Give the car a few days to setlle down again and all will be well.

By leaving the battery disconnected for half an hour the ECU resests anyway, it will then need a good run for the idle to settle down again :) .

I thought most engines are supposed to idle below 1k rpm? My EP3 has always idled around 900rpm from new?

I thought most engines are supposed to idle below 1k rpm? My EP3 has always idled around 900rpm from new?

Not from cold though.

The car will be working out the best idle for when on choke after the ECU has been reset, this results in a bouncy idle while the car is finding its feet again.

You're right in what you say though, once up to temp the EP3 will idle around 900/1000rpms.

I flattened my battery overnight leaving the interior lights on, same thing happened. Perfectly normal, dips to sub 1K when you down the clutch. Took it out for an hour or so this afternoon and was fine by the time I got home.

yes sure was i changed the battery sunday morning, i gave the car a good run last night and woke up this morning hey presto revs have sorted themselves out

Back