• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changed oil and the ABS light came on ??

NickCTR

Moron
Jacked up the passenger side, started engine and let it idle for a few minutes, and the passenger wheel spins! As in being powered, not the wind. Strange eh

Anyways, jack up other side, change oil and filter (funny thing happened here too. My mate who i get do these shi tty jobs had a bugger of a job to get the filter off
For fu cks sake nick, nothing is simple on this fu cking car :mad:
and when he finally got it off, i was sat beside the jacked up drivers wheel, and you can simply reach into the engine bay from here and grip the filter, it was funny showing him LMAO) and the filter was thick and black like treacle after a change 6000 miles ago.

Aye so, job done, unjacked car, i notice ABS light stays on. A quick drive and it goes off, but strange that eh :confused:

PS Mods: I didn`t know if this post was best suited to Petrol and Oil, Brakes etc

What oil you using mate I need to get mines changed and I was thinking of getting some millers from the place in hillington.

Also are you saying the filter can be removed easily if you jack up the car and reach from the drivers side?

Mobil 1 0w40, got it from www.opieoils.co.uk for a steal, delivered next day too :D

And yeah, you can reach the filter from the drivers wheel. Don`t know if it can be removed any easier because my bitch had already moved it when I seen this, but it certainly easier to reach (altho brake pipes are in the way a bit)

Dunno if using beer instead of engine oil is a good idea TBH m8

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ 0W 40 :eek: I thought we should stick to 5 or 10 :confused:

My mate has a tool thats meant to take it out easy but ill let him know to have a look at getting it from this angle cos it is meant to be a c*nt.

My mate got 5 litres and 1 litre top up of millers for under £40 from hillington - is that good? I kept with semi synth last change but im thinking fully synth is needed now - not the way the engine eats it rite enough

oilman says 0w40 mobil is fine. I paid £55 for 5 litres

As for millers, you can get a 24 pack in tesco for £16 IIRC

Jacked up the passenger side, started engine and let it idle for a few minutes, and the passenger wheel spins! As in being powered, not the wind. Strange eh

Nope, normal.

Aye so, job done, unjacked car, i notice ABS light stays on. A quick drive and it goes off, but strange that eh :confused:

Again not strange, with only one wheel turning the ABS thought there was a problem with the wheel sensor(s).

Back