• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

changing b pipe very rusty (cat end ) help

Hi my b pipe is very rusty cat end can the bolts get cut off or are they threaded into the cat ? Does anyone know the best way to go about it ? It looks so rusty you can hardly see the studs :/ any help much appreciated

I removed the cat and b-pipe as one. Then ground the nuts off. Then drilled the holes out and replaced then with my own bolts.

However my cat was hugely rusted through and through. Not sure if there is a simpler way if the corrosion isn't as bad.

My cat looks ok doesnt Look to rusty the majority of the rust is around the flange. Thought about decatin it cos i could take it off the mani then but then i would need mapping which i Cant afford at the Moment

I had the same problem for my cat back. Too rusted to do myself. Phoned selecta tyres and they replaced the cat back for £30.

i had this problem my mate used a chefs blow torch were the cat connects to the b pipe and the bolts holding them together heated them for a bout 5 minutes or until the bolts would move and it came apart no problem and even used the same bolts on the new b pipe that was 8 months ago :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back