• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changing from HKS to standard!

Hi,

I'd like to change from the HKS system to the OEM standard .

Firstly, I am mechanically challenged ;) however with a decent 'how to' I can manage so bear that in mind please.

1. Where can I get hold of a standard airbox and the rest, air intake pipe etc. Any suggestions would be welcome!!
2. On a AEM guide (converting from std to AEM guide) it states 'stock air intake brackets' am I going to have to buy this and if so where?
3. Is it a difficult task and are there any 'how to' guides or anyone had any previous experience of changing to stock airbox from aftermarket kit.

Thanks in advance, the air intake pipe has a split so whilst needing to change that I might aswell try the rest of it :confused::eek:

Look forward to your replies!

Regards

Look for a second hand airbox it'll be cheaper look on the usual sites ebay etc or try breakers etc.

It's not a difficult job tbh pretty straight forward just make sure the airbox that you buy comes with all the necessary bolts, brackets etc. You should be able to see how it goes on when you get what you need otherwise use the search feature there will probably be a guide or try youtube.

Few tardy looking airboxes on ebay only handful aswell.

Couldn't find a guide to go from aftermarket to standard, plenty of stuff vice versa though and youtube the same. However, I do agree if everything is included then it should make more sense. Bracket is another sticky point because from what I could make out on the AEM guide the screws for the bracket are near the edge of the engine bay on the drivers side.

Here is a pic of what I got20130915_121755.jpg20130915_121746.jpg

The link is here for AEM guide : http://www.aemintakes.com/instructions/AEM-24-6108_inst.pdf

'Step K'<- not sure what bracket is in question!!

Regards

Oh yea I got quoted 250pounds plus to get it back to standard, so the local garage can get these parts supplied so I should be able to get hold of them from somewhere. More then 250 quid just to get it back to std!!! :(

the bracket "k" is located under the airbox, and its a simple bracket that support it. brackets can be made easy enough using metal plates and a bit of welding.
I would be willing to swap. but I cant go a day without my car as work is 20 mins each way each day.

Ah cheers, you really want to tinker with your CTR lolz..I am not sure if it changes anything bar the noise! GruppeM seems to be the one that is regarded the best but pricey apparently.

Ah cheers, you really want to tinker with your CTR lolz..I am not sure if it changes anything bar the noise! GruppeM seems to be the one that is regarded the best but pricey apparently.

I think the best option would be to find a breakers .not on ebay , find some breakers around you. ( car scrap compounds ect ) , ring them ask if they have any civic ep3's in, and if they do, take a trip with your tools and they let you get your own parts off the car :)

As said above the bracket is attached to the gearbox the airbox bolts onto this bracket. Try and find a breakers and take off all the bits you need, it'll be a lot cheaper than £250.

As said above the bracket is attached to the gearbox the airbox bolts onto this bracket. Try and find a breakers and take off all the bits you need, it'll be a lot cheaper than £250.

Right so I started ringing my local breakers and no luck at all, so I used 'brekerlink.com' and within few mins got calls-> They can supply the airbox, airflow pipe, air intake pipe plus they will throw in the brackets, including VAT 120 pounds, free delivery. Another company everything said above plus 3 months warranty for 84 pounds. I am still hoping I have a few more breakers ringing but that to me sounds a pretty good deal, what do you guys reckon?

I rang honda the parts alone in total are around 250 pounds. If they fit it looking around 300 pounds, local garage can source and fit for 250 pounds. Any suggestions, thoughts!

Regards

Do I need a air flow meter? Just asking because one breaker asked, I thought just rip the induction kit and install the std airbox plus the pipes in :confused:

Regards

your air flow meter will be on the car still, as it cant run without it. and yeh keep shopping around, and try on ebay aswell. for a breaker.

the air flow pipe has split so not got much option but to get something quickly!! I took the pipe off today and applied some super strength glue which was recommended but no good has come of that. I will get something ordered tomorrow hopefully.

So, the air flow pipe has finally been replaced. Ordered from the honda dealership cost me 51 quids for air flow and air intake (2 hose's). The pipes though don't come with the clips or IAT sensor plug had to rip it out of the old tube. Plus the thermo valve steel bit from the old pipe was stuck to the tube, it needed convincing but nothing a small screw driver couldn't handle! Oh btw I did originally order these bits from a breaker and they charged me 48 pounds and parts never arrived (Foreign Car Spares ltd, Birmingham<- avoid them like plague). All in all 3 quid extra and brand spanking new bits. Still waiting for the airbox, that is of ebay and has not arrived either. Anyone with a std airbox in ep3? If so can you please tell me how many screws are holding the airbox to the chassis, I can see 2 next to the engine block but I think their is a 3rd screw on a bracket at the back!!

Back