• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changing Head Unit & Fasia Question

Quick question regarding the black Autolead's fasia, am I right in saying that it doesn't suffer from sagging ?!?!

I've just bought the black one as I think it looks quite nice in the silver console from the pictures i've seen, also bought a Alpine 9850Ri + ISO harness adaptor and some aerial ISO Adaptor too. The H/U and harness from Caraudiodirect, the Aerial and Fasia from Caraudiosecurity. I was going to buy the fasia from caraudio direct however the brand was 'maystar', and although i know autoleads have problem with the silver ones, i thought i'd buy an autoleads to be on the safe side and a black one at that.

And a 8mm spanner because the screw on the right hand side is a tight as a nun's whatsits to undo with a screw driver.

My method of removing the silver part surrounding the gear lever:

1. Stick gear in 3rd.
2. Stick left and right two middle things down through gaitor and gently pull towards you to unclip the bottom clips.
3. Lever up the righ hand side, pops out nice and easily.
4. Left hand side is tight, gently prise with screwdriver and cloth and try to pull towards you to have it come out cleanly. And voila hard bit is over.

5. Drop glove box, philips to loosen screw you have access too.
6. 8mm to slacken right-hand side equivalent screw, and then philips to loosen properly.

There's also a cable to unclip that runs across the metal bits withe the 2 bolts and 2 phillips screw on a metal bracket at the bottom of the top half of the dash. :wink: Then it just levers out fromt he bottom and undo all the plugs, remove from the car and swap the h/u. :wink:

Back