• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changing rear number plate bulb.

How do I change the number plate bulb? Ive been trying to flick it but it wont budge. I might break it if I force it.

Thanks

you just slide it to the right and it comes out, usually do need to use a bit of force but it will come out.

Flick? To the right? Difficult to put back in?

Don't you take the interior boot trim off, unclip the bulb holder, pull old bulb out, push new bulb in, clip the bulb holder back in, re-attach boot trim?

5 minute job.

i've done both ways, didn't realise you could take them out from the outside the first time, i found the interior boot trim was a complete c*nt to put back in though.
IMO its way easier doing it from the outside.

I didnt know you could do it from the inside either.

I took the bulb covers off from the outsite, took a few minutes

You can take them out from the outside :shock:

I never knew that, I'm going to go and have a look now :).

Same here, did it from the outside too. 2mins of a job but did have to use a lil force.

You can take the out from the outside :shock:

I never knew that, I'm going to go and have a look now :).

yeah the plastic covers pop off if you slide them to the side, as said above may require a bit of force, you might find it a good idea to give them a clean too when there off mine where quite cloudy and dirty

My plastic cover seems a bit stuck. I tried sliding them ro the right it won't budge at all and I could see the bulb holder pretty attached to the plastic cover so if I force it I might break it lol.

it seems like it wont move, but you just gotta use a lot of force, they're pretty strong so it wont break.

Changed my bulbs for some LEDs , used this method . Takes a little force , and they will slide to the side .

Back