• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changing STD head Unit to Honda Sat Nav Unit

Guy

Decided I want to change the head unit over as prefer the double Din ones, the unit I can buy has no leads so can someone tell me where to get these from (other than Honda ) and what is required.

If I decide that I dont want to hook up the sat nav would the unit work on the existing leads from the STD head Unit?

I also have the Honda multichanger in the boot and have been told this will work with the Honda Sat Nav unit, is this correct?

Lastly how easy is it to change the unit over, any pics or guide would be great specfic to this, cost wise what is the going rate to pay someone to do this if I can't.

Does the Sat Nav Unit play DVD's?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Honda OEM one.

As a sat nav system its good, but as a multimedia systme is pap, no ipod, no data CD's nothing.

Just radio and Audio CD's.

If your changing it, get something better than the Honda one. Which is Pioneer IIRC.

Oh, and it don't play DVD's.

Cheers, understand its not a great unit but from a cost view point and hooking up the cd changer its fine for me, any more info appreciated! :)

Back