• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Changing the Throttle Cable

Does anyone have an idea of how I could do this?

Of concern are getting the cable through the bulkhead and to the pedal. And how I'd remove the cable at the other end from the throttle body. Basically the whole job then :p.

Seriously though, any advice appreciated - as TGM reckon it's a £50 job.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy to do, this.

I removed my old one and refitted it, in it's damaged state, in preparation/anticipation of my new one coming in the next couple of days. Saved myself a minimum of £50; Honda quoted me £98 for the job :eek:, a job that I done on my drive without the need for a single tool! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Told you it would be easy.

Yeah, seriously simple :lol:

About going through the bulk head - once you've pulled the old one out you just feed the new one through the bulk head at the pedal block, it'll then appear in the bay, beneath the fluid resevoirs - just a case of pulling it through and using the slack to hook it to the throttle body :cool:

Back