• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Charged ep3 clutch choices

Evening troops ,
I have a JRSC ep3 which is now needing clutch done. I have LSD ready to go in but unsure which clutch to go with. Will be using it everyday but not bothered about use-ability really. Was going to do the shifter bushes to.

Thank you in advance

Exedy stage one with OEM release bearing :smt023

I wish I'd have gone with this clutch. I have a stage 3 copper ceramic 6 puck effort. It's not so heavy as to be uncomfortable but it is a bit on/off when in traffic.

OEM release bearing is a must, most of the aftermarket ones just don't seem up to the job.

If you are doing the clutch, it might be worth thinking of a lightened flywheel as well. Although I do find my car jerks you forward a bit with engine breaking when coming off the throttle under 1,500 rpm in 1st and 2nd. Spins up a hell of a lot quicker though.

Thanks guys.
So order bearing from Honda, the Only bit I'm not sure is which model of exedy. There seems to be a load of different part numbers coming up for me. That pretty much look the same.
Any help for a cheeky chancer ?

Back