• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Chat box/room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

We had one before and it killed the server the forum is hosted on, and it was barely used.

Has the technology/bandwidth and demand for it moved on since then?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was only 15 or so months ago from memory.

I personally didn't see the use for it. It's a discussion forum, so if you want to discuss something, then create a thread. There are enough topics within General Chat for random musing where you can post.

It will just get abused, it's hard to moderate and it's an additional drain on our server that we don't really need.

It was only 15 or so months ago from memory.

I personally didn't see the use for it. It's a discussion forum, so if you want to discuss something, then create a thread. There are enough topics within General Chat for random musing where you can post.

It will just get abused, it's hard to moderate and it's an additional drain on our server that we don't really need.

Fair enough.

Im on a few Forums that have a Chat Box. Always works really well I think. Have a more 1to1 chat with people and feel like you know them more than just flicking through posts.

ibtl_2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back