• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Cheap diagnostic computer suitable for 2002 EP3

Hi,

I would like to buy a cheap (relatively) diagnostic computer. Currently I have a 2002 EP3 but I presume it would work on other cars. What kind of system do I need? I don't really understand much about all the different types. Just looking for something which can read fault codes and then clear them after the repair has been done.

Many thanks.

If anybody is interested the MaxiScan MS309 which you can get off eBay for £10.50 delivered works fine.

You can purchase a Bluetooth OBDII scanner off ebay for £1-2 and download a OBDII app and you can read most readings on your phone. If you pay for the app of course more info is available however it is limited to what information the ecu can provide you. If there's a sensor, you should get a reading. I think. :)

Back