• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Wow, very nice civic you've got there
g.png

My plan atm is to get it up to scratch and get everything renewed so I know where its at before modification but yes I have lots of ideas already lol.

Apparently the JDM produces 215bhp over the the UKDM which is 200bhp so nothing that noticeable. I know the engine is stronger and the JDM has LSD which UKDM doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely motor there Cheats! My plan was the same as yours but the temptation to mod was too much. I've ended up doing a bit of both, let's see how long you last! Haha

Look forward to seeing the progress on this one. Enjoy!

You've also got climate control and electric folding mirrors.

A flare holder on the passenger footwell and a different rear bench too.

Let's not forget the most import bit :-

b6d63f5b60a00a396895439a7c54e6b5.jpg

The badge!

Haha Yes all that too! And my flare is still present! Love a Japanese flare for all the mountain driving I do lol! And the Union Jack that signifies my car was built in the UK, shipped to Japan then back to the UK lol.

The car is coming along nicely. I have had oil and filter change, air filter,cabin filter, spark plugs, coolant, gearbox oil, clutch fluid all changed so I can build up a service history. Booked in to have clutch and fly wheel changes( genuine Honda clutch, RPC light weight fly wheel) Purchased brake pads, hel braided lines and Motul RBF 600 fluid. Also purchased a Tegiwa cat back exhaust system.

Also had a full inside and out valet with wet vacuum interior treatment.

fa592b1ca8376f92abf18f1220805d28.jpg
4573af33fbfdb8455156ad6961ca3369.jpg
2c8f38763789e73f24615ac06fb9a95c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! Where did you buy all your service items from? Any deals?

Also, as for service history you will have various stickers dotted around the car. I can see one on the dash when your drivers door is open. These might give you some idea. Mine has a fair few plus books which helps. Mine was serviced literally just before import too! I'm going to try and use the google image translator app to see what I can find out!

Thanks man, Got air filter and cabin filter from eBay. Spark plugs were sourced by the garage and the rest was from Tegiwa imports.

Cool thanks for pointing that out. I was told it had no books service history and anything it might of had would have been in Japanese any way lol. I haven't paid any attention to the sticker so I will look later.

Little update

I had genuine Honda clutch fitted today and a RPC light weight flywheel along with power flex gear box mount insert and energy suspension engine mount inserts and also replaced brake pads all round.

Release bearing was shot and sounded crunchy so Im happy that noise has gone. Inserts have caused lots of cabin vibration which is normal I think.

Big thanks to japperformanceparts in Crawly which is where I purchased the EP3 for covering the labour costs under warranty. I fully recommend their service and they already have a brilliant reputation.

Also done a rear wiper delete

b42c22a0746953aa086fcbb81e1a2738.jpg
e2fe4553d52eae9f7e6d42f1ccef72d6.jpg

Had my tracking done today as it was out after having all the above work done. Also had my Tegiwa cat back system fitted.
3ec1367d85ae2591aa5f9e58eba75150.jpg
3b96843d2edb0c755e2cfb273b6f43eb.jpg
73bb74a36741923235ef6b77d4b31cd9.jpg
bac9a43cdcd9dc7860c11a565f0e5580.jpg

Thanks, and thats good news then.

Just finished doing abit of under seal and now going to tighten up some interior trims and try get rid of some rattles.

Pro's and cons lol, driving me insane! I have wedged rubber in all the nooks and crannys I could find just to shut them up (giggidy). My Tegiwa cat back is knocking aswell :( I should stop modifying cars.

Nice car Cheats
Looks great - new clutch means you can give it some without worrying, new exhaust means you'll enjoy giving it some :lol:

Looks tidy underneath too

Haha thanks, I have been careful to make sure I bed the new fly wheel in but the exhaust noise makes me want to go faster lol. I have played around with it a few times and stopped it knocking on the rear ARB but now it vibrates on the bottom of the car but only when I am sat in it lol. Everything is really tight under there and not much room for manoeuvre.

Its very clean underneath and Im hoping to finish the under seal before winter kicks so I can keep it that way.

You going for a clear undersell like Bilt Hamber Dynax UC?
Or the traditional waxoyl black stuff

Back