• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Choosing new tyres best price and performance

Evening fellas purchasing some new rims for my dc2 1993 si. 16s just wondering what the best tyres would be to get for them. Don't want to spend an absolute fortune nor do I want cheap ones cheers

I've literally just dropped an order for 4 Advan AD08's.

Not cheap, will be used for upcoming trackday at Cadwell.

Pretty sure camskill are doing good deals just now on tyres. could give tyretraders.com a bash aswell both are usually cheap compared to others.

Toyo Proxes T1Rs are as good if not better than the more expensive tyres out there.

I rate them over every other make I've tried (probably half a dozen premium brands)

They are better than my new road legal slicks, annoyingly :lol:

Have a read of some reviews!

Try tyreleader.co.uk I just got 4 225/45/17 rs-r's for £85 each which is about £25 per tyre cheaper than anywhere else I could find

Just put toyo proxes on the front of mine and the dry grip is insane, really struggled to make them let go on a wide open roundabout that I know well and I nearly had my face pressed against the passenger window before they did, wet grip isn't as good as the bridgestone potenzas that were on previous but I couldn't quite justify £140 a corner and I don't push my luck in the wet.

Try tyreleader.co.uk I just got 4 225/45/17 rs-r's for £85 each which is about £25 per tyre cheaper than anywhere else I could find

I've just got RS-R's for mine
20140320_153820_zps717610a0.jpg

They are not as good as Proxes sadly :(

Think I'm going to defo getting the toyos. Everyone basically advising me to get them. I think their a good price too

Personally I think the T1-R's are dire on EP3/DC5, those sidewalls aren't suited to the car IMO.

They were brilliant on my old R32 GTR & the 888 (Diesel) I had.

I'm with Andy on this. I think they are exactly what they are, a middle of the range tyre with middle of the range performance along with soft sidewalls.

For a daily? I'd say Bridgestone RE050A's or Goodyear Eagle F1A2's. The Bridgestone's will feel better as they have stiffer sidewalls which the Type R needs, but the F1A2's will have great traction in both wet and dry. The Bridgestone is an old compound now so the Goodyear would perform better in most conditions but might not feel as good.

For a weekend/fun car I'd go for AD08R's, Federal RSR's or Toyo R1R's.

My cars not used daily. So that's not an issue. Just want something that's going to do the job and not cost a bomb.

For four tyres?

I spend that on tyres for my 10 year old diesel Focus.

Back