• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Choosing which induction kit to go for....

Sorry but i dont agree. Imo there is very little to no variation to AEM's cai or Injen's or K&N's or any other really tbh. I know Tegiwa copied the Gruppe M design, but they didnt patent it so why not? There are lots of different copies of original tuning parts, but the Tegiwa is just as good as the GM but half the price new. So really unless you want to have the Gruppe M name on your kit, i dont see why people as you say, turn their nose up at it. Good ideas always get copied, and in some cases the copy ends up better than the original.

The Tegiwa certainly isn't better than the GruppeM, you only have to look at the quality of the carbon used between the two kits to see which one is superior.

The Tegiwa certainly isn't better than the GruppeM, you only have to look at the quality of the carbon used between the two kits to see which one is superior.

What you mean because the GM has different top weave than the Tegiwa? Get real mate, its carbon fibre, i have held both kits in my hand and they are the same in terms of quality. Look at most carbon bonnets, Buddy club, Siebon etc etc they follow the same weave as the Tegiwa. At the end of the day, its a carbon fibre box housing an air filter, not very hard to make well.

What you mean because the GM has different top weave than the Tegiwa? Get real mate, its carbon fibre, i have held both kits in my hand and they are the same in terms of quality. Look at most carbon bonnets, Buddy club, Siebon etc etc they follow the same weave as the Tegiwa. At the end of the day, its a carbon fibre box housing an air filter, not very hard to make well.

I'm not saying the Tegiwa is poor quality, but the GruppeM is of better quality construction, whether that can justify the extra cost or not is a personal choice.

And as for carbon fibre being carbon fibre then that's not quite the case. There are plenty of ways of manufacturing with carbon, some cheap, some less so. And it's got nothing really to with the weave pattern as an indicator.

It's worth mentioning as well that the Gruppe M has remained at 92,000 yen for years now, so the increase in price hasn't got anything to do with the manufacturer. You could buy a Gruppe M 3 or so years ago for £400 new and as has already been said, the quality is better whether you like it or not. You even get all of the parts you need when you buy it.

As this is the case, Tegiwa are actually over charging you for their product. Especially as the only R&D they've done is bought or borrowed a second hand one and made a mold of it.

It's worth mentioning as well that the Gruppe M has remained at 92,000 yen for years now, so the increase in price hasn't got anything to do with the manufacturer. You could buy a Gruppe M 3 or so years ago for £400 new and as has already been said, the quality is better whether you like it or not. You even get all of the parts you need when you buy it.

As this is the case, Tegiwa are actually over charging you for their product. Especially as the only R&D they've done is bought or borrowed a second hand one and made a mold of it.

I know the reason that GayM's are so much new is because of the yen vs sterling thing, plus vat, shipping etc. But i have seen both kits in the flesh and imo there is no difference in quality. As far as Tegiwa's R&D consisting of buying an old GM and making a mould, that something you know for a fact, or something you just made up? Also, Tegiwa paid quite alot to have their own filter designed and manufactured from scratch, not just a rip off from the K&N you get with the GM. So much TEgiwa bashing goes, and i dont know why really. Nobody has to buy their products if they dont want too, people have the choice and the right to buy what they like. GM didnt patent the design so Tegiwa made their own version, somebody could do the same again if they wanted too.

As far as Tegiwa's R&D consisting of buying an old GM and making a mould, that something you know for a fact, or something you just made up?

GM didnt patent the design so Tegiwa made their own version, somebody could do the same again if they wanted too.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they're exactly the same design. I also saw the Tegiwa boys having a good mooch around the cars at JAE 09 and they said to me in person that they were planning on making a Gruppe M replica.

What does the Tegiwa branded all singing and dancing air filter look like then? Cone filter per chance? Original...

Fakers gonna fake.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that they're exactly the same design. I also saw the Tegiwa boys having a good mooch around the cars at JAE 09 and they said to me in person that they were planning on making a Gruppe M replica.

What does the Tegiwa branded all singing and dancing air filter look like then? Cone filter per chance? Original...

Who said i was a Tegiwa branded filter? I said they paid to have one designed, didnt say it was their filter. Obviously its a cone filter as dont really know what else would work. This is going to keep going back and forth. CTRO ftw!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said i was a Tegiwa branded filter? I said they paid to have one designed, didnt say it was their filter. Obviously its a cone filter as dont really know what else would work. This is going to keep on goin g and going, so **** you and you **** forum. CTRO ftw!

Back in your cave Troll. Better still, go over to CTRO and stay there.

Someone has an opinion different to yours... Throw toys out of pram.

Yawn.

TRO sucks cock

Yawn.

92781366.jpg

hey guys, i know the last thread was a few months ago but i am fairly new to modifying cars and even newer to the ep3. the last car i owned was an em2 civic coupe and my choices were much more restricted. i have read your posts on here and i am still a little unsure as to which way to go with induction kits. obviously i would be looking at either the tegiwa or the guppe m kits and i am a little restricted to money what with insuring the beast and all. does the quality of the carbon fibre used make much of a difference to the quality of the airflow?
i am not tryin the imply that if the air is going to the right place then i dont see how it matters as i am aware that the quality of the materials used could affect the length of time the kit will last but surely as long as the specs are the same and the tegiwa is made to a decent standard then that shouldnt be a problem. i know there are a fair few jdm purists around and ive seen the debate over which intake is better but im looking to get the best i can from the money i have available and if i can get an intake that is easier to source, does the job in a way that can compete with the gruppe m, and is cheaper then clearly i would look into that as a viable option. if the quality really isnt there ill put the money aside and save up the extra but would i be disappointed if i bought the tegiwa one, other than just the knowing its not a gruppe m?

Reports suggest the Tegiwa is on par with the GM performance wise. Reports also suggest it isn't. A lot of people are happy with the Tegiwa's quality and many people think it's a poorly made rip off. Unfortunately I'm yet to read a genuinely unbiased review with actual facts so it's hard to know who is correct.

At the end of the day if you want the best intake for the EP3 buy the Gruppe M, if you want a copy of the best intake buy the Tegiwa. If you want a great intake for cheap buy something like the long arm AEM but be wary of deep puddles and if you want something ineffective but noisy buy a k&n typhoon or AEM V2.

ok i think i get the point there, thanks for the advice. realistically i had already ruled out the aem and the k&n kits, but i suppose that the best way to decide between the others would be to hold them both in my hands and see what i think. clearly thats not likely to happen so it comes down to a decision as to whether i am happy to take a leap of faith and go with the tegiwa or play safe, save the extra money, search that bit harder and get the coveted GM. thinking i may have to mull this one over for a little while. no point in rushing into a decision after all, its the fastest way for it to end in tears.

Unless your going for a GruppeM/Tegiwa maybe an ARC don't bother. I recently took off my AEM V2 and the car is running SO MUCH nicer with the OEM airbox:eek:

Tegiwa 340 notes plus postage ebay/TRO forum secondhand GMs approx 340 quid why would anyone bother with the Tegiwa value range?

Tegiwa would be brand new, plus not that many second hand GM's go for that, atleast 400 and you dont know how old they are or how they have been looked after!

Just saying. I will probably be going with the Aem cai, easily the best for less then 200 and new!

Back