• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Ep3 intake manifold recommendations

Hi all..

I have a Honda Civic ep3 and want to upgrade my intake manifold. I need advice on which one you guys recommend for more power and not actually altering the slam panel to fit one in.

Thank you

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

Skunk2 one fits right in, but is more expensive. No slam panel trimming but im sure something on the manifold needs blanking off.
There's an M2 copy that is fairly new - I think TDI North are stocking/trialling it. Much cheaper and as far as im aware no modifications needed.

Skunk2 one fits right in, but is more expensive. No slam panel trimming but im sure something on the manifold needs blanking off.
There's an M2 copy that is fairly new - I think TDI North are stocking/trialling it. Much cheaper and as far as im aware no modifications needed.

I spoke to stevie at grinspeed about the M2 manifold which he had fitted to a few ep3's and said slam panel required no modification and bolts straight on^
Im curious to the figures people have made with it first before i splash out and buy one though!

Am I right in thinking it is ported to 70mm too?
Also no adaptor plates etc needed for the M2 like the RBC

Id go for it if I was in the position to buy one.
I cant see there being much difference in figures to the skunk seeing as its copy.
I wonder how smooth the internals are on the M2, can see that being the main thing to affect air flow if its a rougher casting

Am I right in thinking it is ported to 70mm too?
Also no adaptor plates etc needed for the M2 like the RBC

Id go for it if I was in the position to buy one.
I cant see there being much difference in figures to the skunk seeing as its copy.
I wonder how smooth the internals are on the M2, can see that being the main thing to affect air flow if its a rougher casting

Yeh its ported to 70mm already and i do beleive you dont need adapter plate and it comes with a thermal gasket its definatley the best option for the wallet

PRC inlet from the JDM EP3/DC5 is a good upgrade if you want to keep the OEM look. I had 240bhp with one on TDI North rollers (with other supporting mods) before later upgrading to an RBC.

So which one would be ideal for the most power? WITHOUT alteration of the slam panel?

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

judging by other people's builds and many videos around the internet I would say the RBC is the most common go to manifold but requires the cutting of the slam panel the only ones that don't are the M2 and the skunk ones obviously the m2 is a replica of the skunk and about half the price but if your not bothered about cost then it's not an issue let us know how you get on

I'm about to have the skunk2 pro series inlet manifold with the skunk2 pro series 70mm throttle body fitted and then mapped by romain on the 15th I'll let you know the results I have been told it is one of the best on the market.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm about to have the skunk2 pro series inlet manifold with the skunk2 pro series 70mm throttle body fitted and then mapped by romain on the 15th I'll let you know the results I have been told it is one of the best on the market.

Will look forward to seeing your figures before and after!

Getting some more bits for Xmas too then a little remap tweak in jan :)

Getting some more bits for Xmas too then a little remap tweak in jan :)

I need to try not buy anything after xmas :santa: i'm saving for my manifolds and k100 at TDI be around June time so far... I really want a mugen spoiler and grille too though need to choose :cry:

Thanks guys

I've got another enquiry. 70mm throttle body, does that cause any type of lag due to the diameter increasing? I've always imagined that the 70mm worked better for forced induction, and if you're running n/a then 70mm would not be ideal as the normal throttle body would give you too results..

This is what I've been told by other owners.. What do you guys think?

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

Back