• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Ep3 intake manifold recommendations

Thanks guys

I've got another enquiry. 70mm throttle body, does that cause any type of lag due to the diameter increasing? I've always imagined that the 70mm worked better for forced induction, and if you're running n/a then 70mm would not be ideal as the normal throttle body would give you too results..

This is what I've been told by other owners.. What do you guys think?

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

I would imagine if your getting your car mapped it wouldnt cause any issue with lag it should be more responsive with better air flow IMO

I would imagine if your getting your car mapped it wouldnt cause any issue with lag it should be more responsive with better air flow IMO

Yeah I've thought about that too but mate there's so many theories on manifolds that it's actually impossible to know the truth without spending big money

Kindest Regards, EP3TBP

I'm definitely not an expert far from it lol but I thought more airflow going through an because there isn't any steps it will create a seamless airflow. I'm sure there is no lag at all as there is nothing to build up?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

There are guys with 500+ bhp Evo's who are competing and chasing tenths of seconds, who run 63mm exhausts and not 70mm. Take from that what you will.

I need to try not buy anything after xmas :santa: i'm saving for my manifolds and k100 at TDI be around June time so far... I really want a mugen spoiler and grille too though need to choose :cry:

Easy one, which will you enjoy more?
I think you will get more pleasure in the meanwhile with the k100 etc and enjoy those while you save for spoiler and grille

Another thing to consider is that the Skunk manifold, and most likely the M2, like the motor to be revved out, and make peak power further up the rev range. Ideal if you plan on going cams, valve springs etc.

This thread has pretty much sold me on the M2 inlet manifold :lol:

Stevie at Grinspeed said you don't have to change the throttle body really unless you're chasing numbers.

Tbh I only went with the skunk2 pro series inlet manifold because I got it with 25% discount and already had the skunk2 pro series throttle body

Got so much to do fitting loads of parts on saturday then remapping on Tuesday with romain then 20th getting competition stage 2 clutch and lsd fitted then end of dec buying skunk2 pro series fuel rail with the honda 410cc injectors then end of jan skunk2 cams and head ported and polished then another remap in feb then in may going to go for the 5.84 (I think that's the ratio stevie at grinspeed said) with a accord type r 6th gear and carbon syncros and then I shall decide where I'm going from there.........I'm going to do a thread when I get a chance just been so busy doing overtime to pay for all this

Got so much to do fitting loads of parts on saturday then remapping on Tuesday with romain then 20th getting competition stage 2 clutch and lsd fitted then end of dec buying skunk2 pro series fuel rail with the honda 410cc injectors then end of jan skunk2 cams and head ported and polished then another remap in feb then in may going to go for the 5.84 (I think that's the ratio stevie at grinspeed said) with a accord type r 6th gear and carbon syncros and then I shall decide where I'm going from there.........I'm going to do a thread when I get a chance just been so busy doing overtime to pay for all this

Yeh get a thread going we need to see the progress :)

Yeh get a thread going we need to see the progress :)
I am going to get to it asap so busy at work at the moment doing overtime 17 hour days at the moment but will get pics on sat and then Tues then start the thread them go from there

Back