• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R - 48,600 miles on the clock

Hello everyone,

I need some advice, I'm looking to buy my first civic type r (ep3) found one with 48,600 miles on the clock. What is the next service for that milage and how much does it cost? Most cars seem to have a big (and expensive) service at 50,000 so I don't want to pay for a car only to have to fork out another bundle in a month or so for a big service.

While I'm on here the advert for the car is:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1078537.htm

What do people think? Cheers

check with a local dealer what the next service is going to cost you and use it as a hard bargaining tool on the sale price.

You could always make some money back selling the mods as they're probably worse than the OEM parts

Just had my 50k service this morning at Honda.

Should have been £315 all in, but managed to get them down to £250.

Clean bill of health before the warranty expires. :cool:

No A/C - do not want. You will struggle to sell it on. Plus, the large service may have been done. The service interval is 12500 miles or one year, whichever comes first. You'd have to check the service history if it's been done or not.

Also just noticed that it's CAT D so that's a bargaining tool for you, along with the scratches and paint bubbling.

Personally I think you can find a better example for the money.

yea he wont budge under 4900 so I'm going to keep looking. cheers for the advice fella, confirmed what I was thinking.

Ben

yea he wont budge under 4900 so I'm going to keep looking. cheers for the advice fella, confirmed what I was thinking.

Ben

Christ I'd be willing to part with mine for £5k and although it's not got A/C (that's for softies who don't get the Type-R ethos) it's no cat d monster, got zero paintwork issues and gets serviced at least every 6000 miles or so by TDI North...

In a word you can do much much better I think.

No air con. Stay away from that one. aircon is a must on ep3's theres much beter cars around for that money even if you get one with higer mileage dont be put off these engines are tough

Back