• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

civic type r advice

A mate is selling one of these in work. Its a 2003 plate with a lot of miles. 130,000.

But im lead to believe that these engines are brilliant. Majority of the miles are motorway miles. Includes fsh.

The car is immaculate and he is only asking £1700

Is this a steal or should i look out for anything?

Steal unless the bottom end has gone or it's a cut and shut etc etc. :lol:

A mate is selling one of these in work. Its a 2003 plate with a lot of miles. 130,000.

But im lead to believe that these engines are brilliant. Majority of the miles are motorway miles. Includes fsh.

The car is immaculate and he is only asking £1700

Is this a steal or should i look out for anything?

if he is a mate , he won't rip you off surely?

if he is a mate , he won't rip you off surely?

Ill brake his knee caps if he tries ripping me off, just wanted to check on here first as i know you guys know your stuff and dont beat around the bush, thanks for all the replies :)

Engine will be fine as long as it's been serviced on schedule, kept topped up on oil, not been over revved and the value clearances done every 25k.

However the rest of the car such as droplinks, bushes and mounts and clutch etc will wear like on any car.

£1,700 is a bargain if it's not a cat D or C to be honest, even if it does need some work.

You are looking at probably around £3.5-4k for that age and mileage normally for a tidy car.

Engine will be fine as long as it's been serviced on schedule, kept topped up on oil, not been over revved and the value clearances done every 25k.

However the rest of the car such as droplinks, bushes and mounts and clutch etc will wear like on any car.

£1,700 is a bargain if it's not a cat D or C to be honest, even if it does need some work.

You are looking at probably around £3.5-4k for that age and mileage normally for a tidy car.

thanks for that post mate (Y)

Back