• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type-R EP3 - Help,Car keeps dying, new alternator and battery

So basically I've got a Type-R EP3 I've had it for a month best car I've owned and Its been very reliable upon till now. Just recently I was driving and the car died first the ABS light came on and then the EPS light and then the windows were going up slow and the engine power reduced and then conked out. So I replaced the battery great car worked the whole day and then died, so I thought this could be the alternator so I got a alternator installed it properly and charged the new battery again and it simply wouldn't last more than 5 minutes before the engine died and the car won't even start now so the battery's flat too. I don't know what else to do ? Can anybody help please.

Bit of a strange one there, I'd perhaps look at getting an auto electrician to have a look at it unless there's something obvious about the electrics you can spot?

Bit of a strange one there, I'd perhaps look at getting an auto electrician to have a look at it unless there's something obvious about the electrics you can spot?
I've taken the car to an auto electrician and he doesn't have a clue either. I'm thinking something is either shorting out or not properly grounded somewhere.

Back