• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R EP3 TURBO/SUPERCHARGER?

So am I right to say after reading all these replies.. The Type R with a super charger or a turbo would be reliable or just as reliable as my GTI Edition 30 right now? Reason I want to go for a Type R is because it is a different buzz.. Reving hard.. better in corners etc etc.
I would say the K20 with a supercharger is the way forward for reliability over a K20 with a turbo conversion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Engine torque figures can be fixed by a torque multiplier.... also known as a gearbox. EP3 with it’s higher redline can afford to have a close ratio gearbox in comparison to say the MK5 Golf GTI. Meaning the amount of torque that actually transmits to the wheels is similar.
As for handling. The MK5 Golf chassis is really good. It’s just far too heavy. Put it on a diet with a decent suspension set up (generally will cost a lot more compared to an EP3 set up) it will handle better.
For what you’d sell your edition 30 for. You can’t build an EP3 that will have more horsepower and be reliable.
You could build one not boosted that may not be as fast in a straight line but will be a lot of fun on track and would put handle a standard edition 30 suspension set up.

TOO RIGHT there bud! i got turbo'd 460bhp ..been lovely over past 12k miles =) best engine -- well over engineered! :lol:

Back