• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic type r fn2 missing at low speeds

Hi I have recently bought a civic type r fn2 08 plate and it sometimes feels like its missing at low speeds when just driving normal but when you floor it its fine is this normal can anyone help cheers Jamie?

Check the usuals.

Intake clean?
Plugs ok?
Any splits in the intake pipe?
Valve clearances done within last 25k miles?
Fuel filter done (depends on mileage)
How is your fuel economy? If it's bad could be a symptom of a failing O2 sensor.

It's done 80,000 how much is the valve clearance ? Ile clean the air filter I've checked for any splits in pipe there are none Are the spark plugs easy to change?

I got my service done at Honda last week and I was 350 for all the usual and the valve clearances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda fixed price servicing on the website states £100 surcharge on top of a service for valve clearances. Some dealers charge less.

If it has done 80k it should have had new plugs and a new fuel filter and should have just had the clearances done again at 75k.

Just changed the plugs still seems a bit hesitant wen accelerating so just got a new fuel filter get that fitted next week by honda was going to do it my self but had a look and there's no chance I could do it just hope this solves it . Also sounds like the centre box on exhaust is blowing wonder if this could cause the problem suggestions please ?

Back