• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R trying to be a U-Boat

So, the story is that I let the wife take my car out. She parked it in Richmond upon Thames for a few hours. She came back to this:
A19CFA65-9510-4A89-B25A-7F781371C12E-1465-000001044200CA0B.jpg

It is indeed. Never has been that deep.

I never park there. However, women are on their own planet.

Afraid so. Fair amount of damage. ABS module EPS module, Airbag module. Carpets and seats.
Managed to drive it to Toms TGM.

Insurance assessor was there today.
He is recommending that the car is a total loss.

So unhappy.

Shiiit. Bad times. I parked on the slipway by Richmond Bridge one night last year when we had a load of snow, how I didn't end up floating down the Thames I'll never know.

Gutted. It's in excellent nick, only has 33k on the clock. Full service.
Might buy it back and strip for spares. Engine will be worth a bit.
Gearbox has new clutch and a JDM diff.
Not sure what to do.

Not wrong there. Such a shame. I really looked after her. NEVER again will the wife drive my car. NEVER I say.

It's a CAT B right off. Not good. No buy back from the insurance company.
Waiting for there offer now.

Never accept their first offer. Start finding ads of the highest priced similar condition cars that you can and print them off.

Will do. I have already started. Both forums an auto trader. However, nothing comes close to mileage. May do a car valuation too.

Well.

Insurance company have settled a few weeks ago.
Quite happy with the outcome.
I got for my Premier with 33k miles full service either through a dealer or TGM a whopping .....

£6250
That was the market value for my car.
Not bad.

Shame as my car was Mint.

All ends well

Well.

Insurance company have settled a few weeks ago.
Quite happy with the outcome.
I got for my Premier with 33k miles full service either through a dealer or TGM a whopping .....

£6250
That was the market value for my car.
Not bad.

Shame as my car was Mint.

All ends well

Shame about the car mate but thats a good price!

I thought so too.
But in fairness it was the market value for that car. I could have got more with arguing, but that's being plain greedy.

I got an astra h SRi turbo.
Not a bad bit of kit for 3.5k

06 plate. Needs handling sorting out. It's not a CTR!!

Back