• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic TypeR Ep3 ??

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum but im looking to buy a Civic Type R ep3 in a few months hopefully as I've been after one for about a year. :(

Anyways I'm just wondering if someone could let me know what common faults or what to look for when buying one? "Not that there are many faults on Honda's!!" :p:p haha...

I'm probably looking to spend about 3-4k on one which may only get me a 2001-2003 model not facelift :(

What mileage is would they do?

Look forward to hearing your replies :):)

Cheers Chris

Okay :)

I just dont wanna rush into buying one if it's not a good buy, but I know good good Civics will be priced past my budget.

What would a well looked after ctr get from mileage? Most in my budget most are at 90-110k already is it worth buying???

Chris

mine is on 130k and have not had a problem with it after putting 22k on it in the last 12 months, plenty others on here with high mileage too,
its not really an issue with these as long as they have been looked after ;)

Oh right okay :) thats made it a bit easier for me to buy one.. as ive always currently been worried about buying a car which is near 100k but i guess like you say if its been well looked after and service history, these engines will go onto 200k?

Also another question, if i buy the mk1 non facelift model ctr, can i put the facelift parts onto it..e.g headlights and front bumper or is it hard work? its just incase i cant afford or cant find a facelift model? Cheers :)

I wouldnt let the mileage bother you ive just got one for £2300 with 117000 miles and its mint apart from a scuffed alloy and a missing sun visor and it drives like new. Its a buyers market at the moment,theres lots of bargins out there if your willing to travel.

I'll be selling mine sometime this year, probably around summer time if you're still looking then. Silver 03 plate, 60k miles, perfect condition and good mods.

hopefully ** be looking to get one around june/july time fingers crossed :) gives me time to save for insurance and sell my car..

i dunno if you have got one yet, but I have just brought a 2002 EP3 CTR on just under 80,000 in real good condition for 3900.
I found whilst looking condition and millage varied hugely. but i think if somethings been looked after properly then millage isnt as important as it used to be.

£4k will get you a lot. A mate just picked up a milano 2004 70kmiles fhsh, cat back exhaust for £3.8k dealer

Oh right thats not to bad actualy.. ive seen some facelift models being sold on ebay which full honda history on like 90k for like 3,2k :) thats what ** be hopefuly wanting to get.. its just a shame i have to sell my car to put money into buying the civic. makes it harder

Back