• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 clarksons review of the FN2

Christ, Clarkson doesn't half harp on. :roll:

I never listen to anything the tw@t says anyway, unfortunately there are plenty of people out there who seem to take what he says as the gospel truth.

what a load of bollox.....:rolleyes: :lol:

harder suspension??...wtf is he on about..it is like a fookin rolls royce compared to the ep3.....and ratchet seat?...who cares.....once you have set it for yourself you don't even touch it again.....;)

I am glad he does not like it.....the day he does...I will sell it...;) :lol:

Personally I think Clarkson hit's the nail on the head with his review. The EP3 was never aimed at Golf GTi buyers, so it could afford to have hard suspension and few toys, that's what it's aim was. The FN2 though, it's aimed at a whole different market, the GTi market, and when you try and mix it in there you need to have a decent ride, plenty of toys and basic's like easily adjustable seats. So for the raw'ish' EP3 @ £15999 you can get away without these things, but in a £20k golf gti competitor it just doesn't cut the mustard.

Interesting comments about the ride, I wonder if his test car had 19's which may make the ride worse?

He slagged the last type r off on Top Gear, even though Hammond showed him that it completeley tore the arse off all the other contenders on their track. Clarkson's answer was "well when you buy a Honda that's all your getting" Hmm that's deep from a guy who is way off the mark with most of his reviews. To be honest I think he is shagging the boss of VW, as thinks the GTi is the mutts nuts, when everyone knows it's a bag of .....!

Clarkson is a funny guy, but like all reviews.....its an opionion! But sadly too many people listen to opinions in this day and age!

he still thinks in his pea brain that cars r quicker than bikes!

his test (yam r1 vrs porsche around silverstone "no" nurburg "no" donington "no" ***** lyd*******

the mans a fool

honda 1000cbrr best bike ive had "fast smooth unbelivable power" my new ctr smooth fast and same great build quality"

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Clarkson for his daft comments and often funny ramblings... but like with anything else it's all down to personal taste in the end. I think the FN2 is a cracking car although aimed at a different demographic to the EP3 and the oft-called 'real' Type-R's. In fact, what CTR_Paul said above pretty much! :lol:

Still, the FN2 (in my opinion) is a great car and I'd be happy to have one on the driveway... or Salem's driveway! :lol:

I like Clarkson for his daft comments and often funny ramblings... but like with anything else it's all down to personal taste in the end. I think the FN2 is a cracking car although aimed at a different demographic to the EP3 and the oft-called 'real' Type-R's. In fact, what CTR_Paul said above pretty much! :lol:

Still, the FN2 (in my opinion) is a great car and I'd be happy to have one on the driveway... or Salem's driveway! :lol:

Indeed, I agree with Paul and Andy. It's just an opinion at the end of the day, and Honda have opened the Civic Type R to a different market, who really like the car. Those of us who want something a bit more 'raw' can either get an Integra (like I've just done :lol:)/ Jap Civic/ EP3 or any of the other many Honda cars out there. :cool:

Back