• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clay attempt No:1 Saturday hopefully, any tips?

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Hey Ho Homies :wink:

Weather permitting I'll hopefully be giving the car a proper going over Saturday & if I can order & get them here quick enough, will be having my first attempt @ claying the car.

Any top tips :?:

Clean car with your usual shampoo stuff. Let it dry.

Open clay packet and tear in half and mould into a shape with a flat surface onto car. Get the quik detailer and spray onto surface of car. Make sure the surface is totally wet then run clay bar in circular motion on car and listen to it cut through all the crap. You should notice a horrible yellow/green colour going on with the clay bar. Just fold the clay bar into a clean surface and carry on.

Once finished you need to wax the car

Very easy and car will look amazing once done. 8)

craigiusmaximus said:
After i have used the clay bar i tend to wash the car again then start the waxing process...

If you do that be careful because the paint has no protection on it. You could very easily cause light scratches on the finish.

smeg said:
craigiusmaximus said:
After i have used the clay bar i tend to wash the car again then start the waxing process...

If you do that be careful because the paint has no protection on it. You could very easily cause light scratches on the finish.

i do mate i use a different bucket and mitt that i use for that only... :D

craigiusmaximus said:
smeg said:
craigiusmaximus said:

i do mate i use a different bucket and mitt that i use for that only... :D

You pro 8)

Cheers lads :wink:

Will wash & dry as per usual, then clay with Smeggy's tips, then will be waxing with NXT (2 coats) then Natty's Blue.

Should look good, but need the weather now.

If I do it, I'll post some pics.

Also, would it be an idea to get 2 bottles of the detailer spray?

Yeah Polishedbliss do it mate like Chief said :wink:

Just added up what I want to add to my collection & it's just come to £48.75 :oops:

Thats on top of what I already have & need shampoo too :?

SpaceMonkey said:
Yeah Polishedbliss do it mate like Chief said :wink:

Just added up what I want to add to my collection & it's just come to £48.75 :oops:

Thats on top of what I already have & need shampoo too :?

can get a bit expensive this 'keeping the car clean' thing.....

I'm still on my 1st bottle on detailer and I've clayed the entire car three times now!

craigiusmaximus said:
smeg said:
I'm still on my 1st bottle on detailer and I've clayed the entire car three times now!

Really i use half a bottle every time i do the car...

I think someone is addicted to the smell?

:lol: :lol:

craigiusmaximus said:
smeg said:
craigiusmaximus said:
smeg said:

Really i use half a bottle every time i do the car...

I think someone is addicted to the smell?

:lol: :lol:

dam it smeg you have found me out! :lol: :eek:

Just don't drink it. I tried it :oops: :lol: :lol:

Well as it's my first go, I'll be using plenty of lube (he he :oops: :lol: ) due to some horror stories about people marring the paint due to lack of lube.

Can't go wrong with lube :wink:

Back