• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clay attempt No:1 Saturday hopefully, any tips?

Well the missus is gonna whoop my arse :lol:

Just ordered:

Megs Detailing Clay
Megs Quick Detailer x 2
Poorboy's Super Thick & Plush Towel x 2
Poorboy's Natty Paste Wax Blue

£51.20 Whoopsie :oops:

Bad think is it has to be delivered to billing address, that means my house....She's gonna go spastic :lol:

SpaceMonkey said:
Well the missus is gonna whoop my arse :lol:

Just ordered:

Megs Detailing Clay
Megs Quick Detailer x 2
Poorboy's Super Thick & Plush Towel x 2
Poorboy's Natty Paste Wax Blue

£51.20 Whoopsie :oops:

Bad think is it has to be delivered to billing address, that means my house....She's gonna go spastic :lol:

make sure you're in and hide the invoice under the chair :lol:

craigiusmaximus said:
make sure you're in and hide the invoice under the chair :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I go to work after her & get home before her, I'll hide it in the garage or in the boot of the car :lol: :lol:

Hey lee, would have thought you would have done this by now :wink:
I did mine a week ago, went really well.
When using the detailing spray try to spray it from the distance it recommends, which I think is about 30cm. As I sprayed it too close and I used the whole bottle and didn't even finish the car, lol.
Also, only apply fingertip pressure.

You will amazed by the smoothness of the paint work though :D The smoothness also makes it easier to apply and take off any wax.

Nick

Cheers Nick :wink:

Been meaning to doing this for while, but with the weather & stuff it's been a royal pain in the arse to find a suitable time tbh mate.

It'll be wearing 2 layers of NXT & then some Natty Blue on top of that for a wet look.

Not sure if it matters on your car as it's red and you won't see as much but it's probably best to use the clay by in a side to side motion to help prevent swirl marks. :wink:

N8 ORTS said:
Not sure if it matters on your car as it's red and you won't see as much but it's probably best to use the clay by in a side to side motion to help prevent swirl marks. :wink:

Thanks for the tip :wink:

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile using a polish after the clay work and prior to the wax, it'll help enhance the shine. Just a thought?

regards, Kevin.

P.S If the weather does pull through as the news suggests and you have no garage of shade I'd give it a miss. It's easier out of direct sunlight.

The Incredible Hulk said:
I'm thinking it might be worthwhile using a polish after the clay work and prior to the wax, it'll help enhance the shine. Just a thought?

regards, Kevin.

P.S If the weather does pull through as the news suggests and you have no garage of shade I'd give it a miss. It's easier out of direct sunlight.

So is it really worth a polish between clay & wax then?

I'll be using the yard @ work so will be able to get it out the sun, but if it's too bright, there is an empty unit round the corner that I could crawl round to :wink:

I used the Meg's Step 2 Deep Crystal Polish after the clay bar, and prior to waxing with Meg's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Paste Wax.

I found it gave a deeper shine to the NHB.

Meguiars Step 2 - Deep Crystal Polish

Step 2 of the 3 step Deep Crystal System

This product is not a wax. It is a pure polish that conditions and nourishes the paint and is the secret to creating an awesome, deep, wet-look shine.

473ml. Liquid

:)

Cheers Gunn :wink:

I refuse to buy anymore cleaning products (this month anyways :lol: )
I have some Autoglym SRP @ home, so might give it a whirl with that inbetween depending how long it takes up to & after claying.

Thanks mate

Oh christ looks like I'll be following Koop into the world of Clay bars soon enough..........

8)

So sorry whats the overall process you should be working to then?

i.e
1) Rinse
2) Wash using Megs Gold class
3) Dry
4) Clay bar + quik detailer
5) Step 2 crystal polish
6) some kind of wax or other.

:?

Hobbes said:
Oh christ looks like I'll be following Koop into the world of Clay bars soon enough..........

8)

So sorry whats the overall process you should be working to then?

i.e
1) Rinse
2) Wash using Megs Gold class
3) Dry
4) Clay bar + quik detailer
5) Step 2 crystal polish
6) some kind of wax or other.

:?

Thats the kiddy Tiger :wink:

You can gloss guard after polishing too if you wanted to.
I'll be waxing with NXT & the Natty's Blue over the top of that.

Just taken delivery of my clay bar and stuff, so I'll be booking a weekend to do the car at some point.

8)

Did mine on the weekend for the first time. Wasn't quite sure what to expect and was worried I'd damage the paint! :oops:
As a result I was generous with the detailer. It didn't help when the sun decided to come out and shine directly on my car! I ended up using a WHOLE bottle of detailer as a result!! Doh! :oops:

I finished off by Polishing with Autoglym Super Resin polish (way too dusty for my liking) and then waxing with Megs NXT twice. I did originally plan to do 3 layers but I was just knackerd and barely finished 2!

The result was awesome though -- my NHB was looking like glass!
8) 8)

I'm feeling that its probabelr best to rinse the car and wash it outside, then go inside for all the fannying about...........................

:?:

Just an afterthought....megs do a soft wash, which won't strip down any of the wax that has been applied to the car, leaving it looking perfect after a wash again.

Bought some, but haven't waxed the car since so need to try it at some point :oops: :lol:

Welsh-Rich said:
Just an afterthought....megs do a soft wash, which won't strip down any of the wax that has been applied to the car, leaving it looking perfect after a wash again.

Bought some, but haven't waxed the car since so need to try it at some point :oops: :lol:

Doesn't the NXT wash not touch the wax?

OllieMorr said:
Welsh-Rich said:

Doesn't the NXT wash not touch the wax?

To be honest I'm not sure. I don't think it does, but can't guarantee it.

Not used the soft wash yet anyway, the NXT shampoo gives too much of a good shine :D

Back