• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cleaning Gruppe M filter

I'm in the process of cleaning my Gruppe M K&N filter. I've rinsed it and it now says leave to dry obviously. Now how dry is dry? Completely dry as in leave for the best part of a day, or until there are no drips left?

My common sense say that if there are no visible wet areas then it should be ok to use, but filters being the nature that they are will have some water still inside unless I leave it to dry for ages.

Answers on a postcard please.

You using the recharge kit you get with it Tone?

I did mine, and left it dry for the period it took to wash my car, it looked dry no damp marks like.

did mine the other week. shook big bits of debris off like leaves n that. then rinsed from inside out with tap water. then used the cleaning part out of the recharge kit.... left it a day then oiled the next day. (just because it wasnt going on the car straight away, probs get away with an hour or so imo.)

all the instructions for cleaning are in with the recharge kit, only cost a tenner ;).

I left mine for about an hour and everything seems ok. I'm sure the cotton in the filter was still damp, but there was no visible water. I took this as dry.

Putting the Gruppe M back together while it's on the car is a real bitch. Taking it off would have been more so though as I would have had to remove ETD and two strut bars.

Putting the Gruppe M back together while it's on the car is a real bitch. Taking it off would have been more so though as I would have had to remove ETD and two strut bars.

QFT,

Its a proper pain trying to reach under the J's strut to line it all up and tighten at teh same time.

Last time I did it I just gave a wash with fairy liquid then to make sure it was 100% dry I used a hairdryer :lol:

Back