• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Cleaning your air filter

Hobbes

Walking Stiffy
Guys,
Any advice or step by steps on how to clean a BMC filter?

Mines probably done a few miles by now, so thought I'd give it a spring clean in the summer.

What kit would I need?

Ta chaps.

K&N do a kit for about £15 iirc which you can get from halfrauds... alternatively they are ususally available on egay.

Hobbes I have the remains of a BMC cleaning kit on my shed. Half a bottle of cleaning solution and half a bottle of filter oil. Your welcome to have it FOC mate.

I will bring it along to the Hants meet

smeg said:
Hobbes I have the remains of a BMC cleaning kit on my shed. Half a bottle of cleaning solution and half a bottle of filter oil. Your welcome to have it FOC mate.

What a nice man Steve is. 8) 8)

He's gonna want something Hobbes........hhmm wonder what it could be :lol: :wink:

Mark43 said:
smeg said:

He's gonna want something Hobbes........hhmm wonder what it could be :lol: :wink:

LOL!

Just a pint in return will do me thinks. Don't get excited hobbes you ghey :lol:

Mark43 said:
smeg said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Captain Redbeard said:
zeffania said:
Hobbes I bought a cleaner from Halfords and it was only £12
Will that work on any kit Ben? I need to clean my K&N element. :)

They all do the same job :wink:

Captain Redbeard said:
smeg said:
Captain Redbeard said:
zeffania said:

They all do the same job :wink:
Nice one. Ta. 8)

Although best to make sure that its the right cleaning kit for your filter type. Just in case. Maybe a cotton cleaning kit will not be suited for a foam filter.

If you understand that :? :lol:

Captain Redbeard said:
zeffania said:

I got mine for my AEM so I am sure it will e fine. Gonna clean it next time I have the bumper off when Hobbes pops round for me to show him how to mesh his car. Infact Hobbes give me a shout mate and we can sort out a time to do the mesh

Chris try this http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

zeffania said:
Captain Redbeard said:
zeffania said:

I got mine for my AEM so I am sure it will e fine. Gonna clean it next time I have the bumper off when Hobbes pops round for me to show him how to mesh his car. Infact Hobbes give me a shout mate and we can sort out a time to do the mesh

Chris try this http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

Okies mate, we'll sort it out fella, once I've got my rear gear.

Cheers for the advice fellas, and cheers Steve that would be magic....... but your not getting F**k all in return you fricking :gayfight:

:wink: :twisted: :lol:

Hobbes said:
Cheers for the advice fellas, and cheers Steve that would be magic....... but your not getting F**k all in return you fricking :gayfight:

:wink: :twisted: :lol:

Well bollox to you then you fridgid f*ck!

PMSL!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way I assume you have to remove everything, clean it, then put it back together again! And WTF is "Filter oil!"

:p :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hobbes said:
By the way I assume you have to remove everything, clean it, then put it back together again! And WTF is "Filter oil!"

:p :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

It goes on the outside of the filter to grab and stop all the crap getting through! I think.. :wink:

Back