• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Click twice to lock the car...??

MZG

Maybe I just wasn't listening when the sales guy handed me the keys to my CTR, but why do you have to click the key fob twice when you want to lock the car??

Seem to remember one is the alarm, second is dead-locking the doors... but why can't this be set to a single click?!

Not a big issue I know, but bugs me all the same... any ideas?? :-k

Captain Redbeard said:
I assume you're talking about the facelift CTR?

One click on my pre-facelift locks the car, the hazards flash then a second or so later it deadlocks.

Is your an pre-03 with the sensors in the A pillor? That why if so. :wink:

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
Captain Redbeard said:

One click on my pre-facelift locks the car, the hazards flash then a second or so later it deadlocks.

Yes mate - 02 plate with the A pillar sensors.

03-on have a different alarm. :wink:

You can click the remote twice?? :shock:

Don't think mine does anything when I click it a second time. :roll:

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
Captain Redbeard said:

Yes mate - 02 plate with the A pillar sensors.

Same here.

Mine has always deadlocked on one click. Ben's doesn't. He has to push the button twice - something he's only recently found out :wink: :lol: :lol:

I have an '02, so two clicks for me = a pain in the a***, especially in the rain. I don't bother if I'm only leaving the car for a few minutes though. Another issue with that alarm is that I have to be fairly close to activate/deactivate it. Does everyone have that problem, or is the battery running low or something? :?

Back