• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Clocked Cars

Following on from a discussion on the facebook page I've discovered that my old car is now clocked. I think it would be a good idea to put a sticky with all our old cars checked via this website https://mot-history.net/

I've checked LA54BWG which was my old car. In 2008 when it left my possession it had approx 110K on the clock it now has 105K 7 years on. With an average of 10K a year the car has 180K on it.

Are you sure you arent remembering wrong? as its a 2005 car that means you would of had to done an average of 100 miles per day, 365 days per year for 3 years straight before you sold it in 2008?

Ive no doubt some cars do get clocked though and without going into detail, one day when fault finding i noticed how easy it would be to make a 'modification' on my ep3 but im not like that.

Yes I did 30K a year back then I now do 40 to 50K a year my 14 plate 5 series has 71K on it ;)

I take it you just need to change the clocks to clock an ep3?

A fair few advisories not done anything about looking at the last MOT which would indicate it has done a fair few miles. Feel sorry for the poor chap who bought a clocked motor.

At least nowadays it is easier to spot one after it's first MOT. Can still be done in the first 3 years though.

Mine was serviced by main dealer every time. Would have thought the mileage would have been flagged by Honda to the owner?

Brilliant idea this. I'm currently in the middle of looking to buy an EP3.. as I came across one which looks somewhat half decent, the MOT check showed its been clocked back from 153k to 80k!

Just did a check on my previous ep3 all seems to check out. KA04WWF
But doesn't show odometer readings before 2012 which is odd.

It all checked out when I bought it and sold it though and I had full proof then.

Then just for a laugh tried to check my current civic again even though I have the print outs somewhere anyway..it says

"No vehicle that matched the data you entered could be found."

Back