• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Clocked FN2?

Been an avid reader of the forum for a couple of years now, absolutely love it. 1st post on here. Had an EP3 for 7 years but always toyed with the idea of an FN2
found a beauty (or so I thought) silver 1 previous owner full Honda service history(8 stamps) 58 plate 72000 miles immaculate inside out. Up for £6950. Test drove, all good, loved it
signed up for finance and drove her away a couple of days later.... Well chuffed, then i studied the service history book 5/11/09 12566. 21/11/10 23358. 5/1/12 23657(here being the problem) 14/12/12 35041
24/5/13 39415 13/12/13 45773 5/12/14 55848 20/11/15 66003. I purchased the car on 71947.
The vosa mot mileage report reads fine but could it have been clocked before 1st mot? The dealer I bought from never declared a mileage discrepancy. Absolutely gutted because the car is pristine.
Thoughts please fellow type R drivers

Could have been a typo on the service history when it was recorded or maybe it really did minimal mileage that year. It could have been SORNed. You can't prove it either way so just enjoy it.

yeah as Loxy said could have been a number of things, service man or woman and been away with the army or forces, Anything really.

I would do a little digging and if nothing looks obvious forget it and enjoy the car. seems weird to want to clock a car with 23k on the clock

My old type s was the same check ra55dyg on that check app.
I quieried it and after a lot of searching found it was ok.

I know how you feel, condition and age stacks p but something is missing. 1st year 5.5k then only done 3.5k miles a year with service record to show until I got it, some people do this sort of low mileage and use the cars at weekends only (commuters etc) Try to find what dealer it was purchased from and ask them for details, I did this with mine and they found the 1st owner did 5.5k miles in the first year and PX'd for a diesel Civic, it was all recorded. So I was happy.
Friend has a 1982 911 with 22k on the clock all legit, I have a 1983 2 stroke 125 Honda with 9k miles, and I was there for every mile.

Back