• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clueless Insurers...

I phoned up Bell to declare that I have rear adjustable camber arms and front camber bolts on my car, and after trying to explain for some time what they do (best I could do was "they adjust the wheel alignment/angle and improve the handling" which was met with "but they don't lower the car?"), I got my replacement cover notw through which lists my new modification as "exterior modifications, decorative" - is this likely to cause trouble in the event of a claim? They'll hopefully have the call(s) recorded with me trying to explain what had been done, yeah?

To be fair, I didn't have a clue what they were until I joined the forum, so they can't know everything!

Re the letter, I'd say you should pop them a call. And yes, they'd have recorded the conversation.

Neither did I tbh, but when he mentioned it as an exterior mod, I said "it's more like suspension than exterior" he just came back with "but not lowering?" Then put me on hold for a bit while someone else must have told him to put it as exterior :lol: I feckin hate call centres, guess I'll call them again tonight.

Ask the Guys at Sky Insurance about this.

Go to the insurance part on the Forum home page and drop him a PM, im sure he'll help you with regard to where you stand on this..

I had something similar when I insured my old DC5 Jason & they ended up sending me a sheet for me to list my mods comprehensively (Manufactures, mods & costs new) & I kept one copy & they had the other.
Might be worth pushing for something like this to be added to the file just to cover your arse mate.

When I spoke to Luke @ Sky, he said that geometry adjustment is covered under suspension.

Ask the Guys at Sky Insurance about this.

Go to the insurance part on the Forum home page and drop him a PM, im sure he'll help you with regard to where you stand on this..

I'm PMd him, I'll see what advice he can offer then give them a call again.

Hi Chris,

The only things I can advise is

1) speaking to a manager and asking for this to be amended to something more suitable or get them to write you a letter confirming they are aware what the modification is
2) next time pick an insurance company who knows what they are talking about.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Update - phoned and sorted it out last night. They waived the cover note fee since it was an error at their end, and now my mods are listed as "Suspension - Other":smt023

Back