• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch bedding in period

Just had a new Exedy clutch fitted in my 04 EP3 Type-r. Is there a bedding in period? Also with it being a different clutch than before it doesn't feel as tight (for want of a better word) and the bitting point seems a lot higher. Is this because it's a performance clutch?
I must admit no crunching through the gears now though :eek:

Just had a new Exedy clutch fitted in my 04 EP3 Type-r. Is there a bedding in period? Also with it being a different clutch than before it doesn't feel as tight (for want of a better word) and the bitting point seems a lot higher. Is this because it's a performance clutch?
I must admit no crunching through the gears now though
icon_surprised.gif

I would personally just take it easy for 500 miles and it will be fine from there. Some will say less than that, but 500 miles is safe to me so is what I would do.

It's normal to feel lighter and biting point higher. Exedy is a direct OEM replacement, so it's not because it's a different clutch. When the clutch wears and needs replacing on EP3, the biting point becomes really tight and low to the floor. so it's totally normal that it is alot higher and lighter, you will get used to it in no time.

I must admit no crunching through the gears now though
icon_surprised.gif
Give it a good 200 miles before you give it the beans.

Back