• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch concerns??

I'm buying a pristine 05 Civic Type R when test driving it the gears changed smoothly when driving slowly and in vtec however the clutch seemed very low compared to recent cars, is this a case of the clutch going or normal? They have said that they will get the mechanic to look at it but it's easy for them to fob me off?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Low bite point is the early signs of the pressure plate going which is usually what goes first in terms of the clutch on these. You might notice it 'crunches' into 2nd gear at high revs too. New clutch pack should see it right :)

No crunches or tough changes at all? How low is the bite point normally?

So update the guy phoned me from where I am buying and told me I was right and that his technicians confirmed it was slipping slightly and needed new clutch kit so they are fitting a new clutch kit picking up now Thursday evening

Back