• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch & Diff @ TGM

A LSD is certainly something that I really wanted to do sometime in the future. After FRSU maybe with Bilstein B14/B16.

However as this is still my only car and daily, most likely a helical LSD and no change in gearing. Anyone used the short final drive for motorway "cruising"?

If it's a daily I wouldn't get a shorter final drive. Mine does over 4500 rpm at 80, 4000 at 70 now. It's not great!

If it's a daily I wouldn't get a shorter final drive. Mine does over 4500 rpm at 80, 4000 at 70 now. It's not great!

Hi, I've got the fd2 5.1 final drive would it be good for daily? Not yet book to fit that is why I ask lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure as the DC5 boxes are different than the K20's. Best speak to someone like TGM or Performance Autoworks.

2b197a632fd4dd9e9d1b9bbbc0124a40.jpg

I have the 5.1FD in my daily EP3 but I also had the 6th gear ratio changed for one found in the Accord Type S. Revs are a couple hundred RPM lower than standard when motorway cruising. Though the gap between 5th and 6th on the change is noticibly larger it hasn't hindered my driving.

Clutch & Diff @ TGM

I have the 5.1FD in my daily EP3 but I also had the 6th gear ratio changed for one found in the Accord Type S. Revs are a couple hundred RPM lower than standard when motorway cruising. Though the gap between 5th and 6th on the change is noticibly larger it hasn't hindered my driving.

Hi, is the 5.1 same as fd2 one or aftermarket like MF? Does it increase the acceleration from standard? Currently my ep3 is kept in garage, not my daily or track car, I'm runing out of my time to do it. Just very curious about how to make it performs better while keeping it oem's reliability..

It's an OEM Honda part. They used them in the FN2 and FD2 Civic I think.

Yeah the Final Drive being shorter means the car accelerates quicker in all gears, except for 6th in mine because I had that changed for a longer ratio.

It's an OEM Honda part. They used them in the FN2 and FD2 Civic I think.

Yeah the Final Drive being shorter means the car accelerates quicker in all gears, except for 6th in mine because I had that changed for a longer ratio.

Ok that is cool, the longer ratio of 6th gear means better mpg when it travel motorway right?

Yes it does, but if on track and you need 6th it'll feel like the car will bog down.

It works out the same as with the standard gears for me. But if you fitted the long 6th without changing the Final Drive you might see better MPG as the revs would be a lot lower than normal.

Yes it does, but if on track and you need 6th it'll feel like the car will bog down.

True, but unless he's going somewhere like the 'Ring I can't see why he'd need 6th on track, I've not managed more than 110mph on track generally.

It works out the same as with the standard gears for me. But if you fitted the long 6th without changing the Final Drive you might see better MPG as the revs would be a lot lower than normal.

Yah, that is how you balance it, performance wise also remains fuel economy wise

True, but unless he's going somewhere like the 'Ring I can't see why he'd need 6th on track, I've not managed more than 110mph on track generally.

I've been hitting 120 fairly regularly on some circuits.

Back