• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch feels 'odd' sometimes....

Neily03

Professional Hippy
Every now and then as i move off the clutch can feel quite rough through the pedal..... kinda like its full of gravel (not literally :wink: )..... but when i try to make it do it its fine.... Its normal in every other way, biting point is normal, fluid is on the max etc... its only done 43k miles and i kinda think most of it is in my head...... any ideas? :?

MilanoChris said:
Release bearing? I'm just stabbing in the dark here BTW.

I was thinking that....... i'm hoping its nothing... i've only got 6 weeks left with it so don't want to have to spend any money on it.... :? :?

I did have a very similar thing on my last car (mk4 astra) for about 6 months and nothing ever came of it....

I'll just keep my fingers crossed. :p

Neily03 said:
I did have a very similar thing on my last car (mk4 astra) for about 6 months and nothing ever came of it....

Friction lining dust, shite and general crud can make for a rough feel to the clutch - perhaps its just had some hammer.

My missus's clutch (CLUTCH) has felt ropey for a couple of years and still hangs on with no problems.

BigRed said:
Neily03 said:

Friction lining dust, crap and general crud can make for a rough feel to the clutch - perhaps its just had some hammer.

My missus's clutch (CLUTCH) has felt ropey for a couple of years and still hangs on with no problems.

I've never really abused the clutch, probably only ever done stading starts a dozen times in over 3 years, i never ride the clutch and always blip the throttle on down shifts to match the revs to the gearbox.... Like is said earlier it still works as normal, no slipping no drag, bite point is where its always been..... i'm 99% sure its fine.... its just that 1% doubt that could mean a big bill....

Back