• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch Fluid Change Fail

Hi, really need some help.

Noticed at high revs I was struggling to get 3rd and 4th, had this before and a clutch fluid change cured it. The fluid was once again looking very grey which didn't surprise after the track days and hard driving.

Unfortunately while bleeding the fluid i did the unthinkable and let my reservoir run dry :eek: I know I know.

After that i lost all clutch peddle pressure. I was using a vac system to pull fluid through the system and I must of pulled about 3 reservoir's worth of fluid through but still no peddle pressure, the fluid is running clear with no air at all.

Help??

Maybe try manual bleed it. Two people, one in the car one on the nipple, with the peddle up open the nipple, push the peddle to the floor then close the nipple, peddle up and repeat.

try pumping the peddle a few times aswell, some clutch peddles can take a few pumps to come back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that advice Dazz, I tried all the above and after a lot of google work I have decided I need to bench bleed the master cylinder.... given my work comitments I took the easy way out and drop the keys off with my local garage, after been asked WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT BEN? they agreed to sort it for me today.... I will feed back there findings. Sometimes I could kick myself, and quite often do.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a minor mistake mate, you're not the first and won't be the last. I would imagine they'll be able to retrieve the pedal without replacing parts, worst case a master cylinder maybe needed. I've heard of the seals inside turning back on themselves when run dry, I think it's rare though.

Back