• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Clutch gone?

Noticed today that sometimes when I take my foot off the clutch its a bit jumpy then later on went in to 6th gear and twice it felt like I was riding the clutch but I wasn't but it has been fine ever since, so does that mean my clutch is on its way out.

Try short shifting and putting your foot down, you'll notice a severe lack in power if it's on its way out.

There's been once or twice this week I've went from 2nd to 3rd in vtec and 3rd didn't seem to pull as much at first as it usually does but I just put it down to me being use to it now.

Decided just to get a stage 1 clutch got it cheap anyway, can I just fit this with my standard flywheel or am I better to get a lightweight one while am doing it.

Yeah you can fit with standard but as the clutch is coming out you will save money by fitting a new one. And improve the throttle response if you go lighter. Makes a nice difference

Try short shifting and putting your foot down, you'll notice a severe lack in power if it's on its way out.

Done that tonight and lost of power and it is reeking lol.

New clutch on its way and i need new shockys aswell, just got FRSU and a teg m lastweek aswell so thats the savings gone haha.

Its the guy that done my FRSU that said i needed the new shocks and said it will be fine so no sure if hes just going to do it again or whatever, its just the front shocks.

Its the guy that done my FRSU that said i needed the new shocks and said it will be fine so no sure if hes just going to do it again or whatever, its just the front shocks.
Maybe he'll set the fronts up again then, but I would of thought the setting would all change with new shocks on? I'm just presuming though. Hopefully not, win win :D

F'king cars mate, they're money pits, all of them :( Hope you get it sorted fella. Hopefully nothing else goes in the near future, spend that coin ;)

Back